- This guide will teach you how to PROPERLY remove the DRM on iTunes WEB-DL content using. DRM is basically a protection built into the file that prevents it from being played on unauthorized devices.
- First of all, there's two ways to remove the DRM. There's a good and a bad way. Unfortunately a lot of uploaders here on ExtremeBits use the bad way. So what is the good and what is the bad way?
- -Re-encoding the file to remove the DRM is the BAD way!
- -Decrypting the DRM using Requiem is the GOOD way!
- So this guide will teach you how to decrypt the DRM protection, so you can upload it to ExtremeBits. Keep in mind that doing it this way means the video and audio remain 100% intact, unlike when re-encoding which will 'damage' the video.
- Let's begin!
- Step 1
- You'll need to have specific versions of the software we'll be using. That is:
- -iTunes 10.7.0.21
- -Requiem 4.0
- -Quicktime 7.7.2 (can be a newer version)
- -Java 7.0.70 (can be a newer version)
- Just google for the links to these apps, if you can't find any just post in this thread and I'll do my best.
- REMEMBER! You have to use these EXACT versions. Using newer version will not work!
- Install this stuff and move on to step 2.
- Step 2
- Now comes to easy part. Start up iTunes 10.7.0.21 and login to the iTunes store. Then go browse through the store for something you'd like to download. What can be un-DRM'd?
- -Movies (SD and HD 720p or 1080p)
- -TV Shows (SD and HD 720p or 1080p)
- YOU CAN NOT un-DRM RENTED CONTENT!
- After you decided what to download, simply click on the format you want it in and iTunes will start download it for you.
- Depending on your download speed, this will take a while. When it's done downloading, move on to step 3.
- Step 3
- Now that your download has completed, it's time to un-DRM it! There is however a one-time step that needs to be done if you're doing this for the first time. You need to locate the downloaded file and play it in Quicktime 7.7.2 this only needs to be once on a file.
- Next step is to start Requiem 4.0! Simply launch the application and it will automatically locate the DRM protected files. It will automatically start decrypting and thus removing the DRM on them! It does not indicate progress, but it can take up to 20mins to complete this task depending on your computer.
- It can either say it has successfully completed decrypting or give an error.
- If it gives an error, you need to find where the problem is. You may ask and post the error in this thread for me to see.
- If it has successfully completed decrypting, then you're done! Your iTunes WEB-DL is now DRM free! Woo
- Step 4 (if wanted)
- It is however recommend that you remux the file from MP4 (Apple's container) to MKV (matroska) To do this please checkout my other guide for that here: http://www.extremebits.org/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=6525
- Good luck! innocent
a guest Oct 8th, 2014 5,019 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data