- • Simply Red, a band, which w Bursting out of Manchester in the Eighties, Simply Red pioneered a distinctively British soul sound that captivated music lovers for 25 years. Their markedly soulful songs have become ‘household name’ – no wonder, considering that they produced more than 30 top-40 hits in the UK and sold by far more than 50 million albums throughout the world!
- • In 2010, Mick Hucknall drew the final curtain for Simply Red and “Farewell – Live In Concert At Sydney Opera House”, is an appropriate live document of yet another fantastic concert recorded during the final world tour of this memorable British band.
- • Filmed at Sydney Opera House on the Farewell Tour in October 2010, it captures a group at the peak of their powers. Backed by a magnificent six-piece band, frontman Mick Hucknall's vocal performance shows once again the he has one of the finest voices of his generation, and in addition, both the DVD and Blu-Ray contain a new and exclusive interview with Mick Hucknall, in addition to the concert.
- • In their career, spanning 25 years, Simply Red have played 1100 concerts in front of over 11 million people, and have been awarded three Brit Awards, two Ivor Novello Awards, the MOBO Special Achievement Award, and a World Music Award1
- • “Farewell – Live In Concert At Sydney Opera House” is a perfect reminder of Mick Hucknall’s incredible talent as both a singer and a songwriter, and a final chance to see the live performances for which Simply Red have been so well loved.
RAW Paste Data