Mar 16th, 2023 (edited)
- # Insertion sort in Python
- def insertionSort(array):
- for step in range(1, len(array)):
- key = array[step]
- j = step - 1
- # Compare key with each element on the left of it until an element smaller than it is found
- # For descending order, change key<array[j] to key>array[j].
- while j >= 0 and key < array[j]:
- array[j + 1] = array[j]
- j = j - 1
- # Place key at after the element just smaller than it.
- array[j + 1] = key
- data = [9, 5, 1, 4, 3]
- print('Sorted Array in Ascending Order:')
Please, Sign In to add comment