- Resetting GoFlex Home returns the device to its original factory settings. All the files stored on GoFlex Home are retained—no files or folders are deleted—but all other settings, such as user accounts and passwords, are removed.
- Note: Reset GoFlex Home only if absolutely necessary, to avoid the lengthy task of re-creating user accounts, re-adding computers to GoFlex Home, reconnecting users to their GoFlex Home folders, and redoing any custom settings.
- To reset GoFlex Home:
- 1. Make sure that no one is accessing GoFlex Home. No one should be viewing photos, watching a movie, listening to music, or working with any other file stored on GoFlex Home, or copying files to or from their GoFlex Home folders.
- 2. Using a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for ten (10) seconds. The Reset button is located on the side of GoFlex Home, as shown in Figure 1 on page 6.
- The white drive light blinks to show that GoFlex Home is shutting down. When shutdown is complete, both lights turn off.
- 6. Managing GoFlex Home Adding More Storage Capacity to GoFlex Home
- 3. Press the Power button to restart GoFlex Home, then follow the instructions in “Step 4: Setting Up GoFlex Home” on page 12 to re-activate GoFlex Home, re-add user accounts, and re-add the computers on your home network.
- Be sure to re-create user names exactly, so that everyone can reconnect to their existing GoFlex Home folders.
- TIP: You can also access all the folders and files on GoFlex Home by connecting GoFlex Home directly to your computer using a GoFlex Cable (sold separately). Go to www.seagate.com for more information.
RAW Paste Data