- Fees and expenses (interpretation and coordination)
- The fees and expenses below are charged by a group of interpreters and one student Y****e all represented by Hanako Kaku, an interpreter and a coordinator, upon rendering interpretation and/or language assistance services to the client, Mr. John Szczepaniak.
- 1. Fees for senior interpreters:
- a. 80,000 yen for a full-day commitment (a full day denotes any assignment with a duration of 5 to 8 hours, including time for actual interpretation, travel between assignments, commuting that exceeds one hour one way, lunch breaks and other breaks)
- b. 56,000 yen for a half-day commitment (a half day denotes any assignment with a duration of 4 hours or less, otherwise the same terms apply as above)
- c. 66,000 yen (or 56,000 yen + 10,000 yen) for a half-day plus 1 commitment (any assignment that extends between 4 to 5 hours shall be charged in 15-minute chunks. For example, if the total assignment duration is 4 hours 40 minutes, then the interpretation fee is 56,000 yen + (3/4 x 10,000) = 56,000 + 7500 = 63,500 yen; otherwise the same terms apply as the full-day commitment.)
- d. Overtime is 12,500 yen / hour or 125% of the hourly rate (any overtime beyond a full-day commitment is charged in 15-minute chunks. If the total assignment duration is 8 hours 25 minutes, then the total interpretation fee is 80,000 + (12,500 x 1/2) = 80,000 + 6,250 = 86,250 yen.)
- 2. Fees for junior interpreters:
- a. 60,000 yen for a full-day commitment (please see 1a for terms)
- b. 42,000 yen for a half-day commitment (please see 1b for terms)
- c. 49,500 yen (or 42,000 yen + 7,500 yen) for a half-day plus 1 commitment (any assignment that extends between 4 to 5 hours shall be charged in 15-minute chunks. If the total assignment duration is 4 hours 40 minutes, the interpretation fee is 42,000 yen + (3/4 x 7,500 yen) = 42,000 + 5,625 = 47,625 yen; otherwise the same terms apply as the full-day commitment.)
- d. Overtime is 9,400 yen / hour (overtime is defined and calculated in the same manner as 1d but based on a full-day fee for junior interpreters.)
- 3. Cancellation fees for interpreters (applicable to both senior and junior interpreters)
- Any cancellations that occur 5 – 4 weekdays before assignment date 30%
- Any cancellations that occur 3 – 2 weekdays before assignment date 50%
- Any cancellations that occur the day before and on the exact date of the assignment 100%
- 4. Interpreter expenses subject to reiumbursement by client
- a. For assignments within Greater Tokyo but outside of the 23 wards (e.g. Hino, Hachioji): The client shall cover any public transport cost on behalf of the interpreter for the trip beyond the 23 wards or between the meeting point with client to destination whichever is higher, but capped at 1,000 yen for the round trip. For example, if an interpreter must travel away from destination to meet client, then the client shall pay for transport cost from the meeting place to the destination. Taxis will be used only with the client’s prior approval.
- b. For assignments outside of Greater Tokyo but in the Kanto region (e.g. Shiki, Motegi, Shinyokohama): The client shall cover any public transport cost for the interpreter between a hub station in Tokyo to the destination. A hub is defined as a station in Tokyo 23 wards that allows for the shortest travel to the destination. Taxis shall be used only with the client’s prior approval.
- c. For assignments in the Kansai area, the client shall cover public transport cost in full for the interpreter for any assignment that takes place beyond the municipality where the interpreter resides. For example, if an interpreter who is an Osaka resident must travel to Kyoto for an assignment, the client shall cover the entire public transport cost both ways.
- 5. Student assistant fees and expenses at the TGS
- a. 20,000 yen for a full-day / 8-hour commitment (inclusive of actual work, commute that extends beyond 1 hour one way, lunch and other breaks.)
- b. A kill-fee of 5,000 yen for any cancellations at any point in time.
- c. Reiumbursement in full of public transport cost round trip between the student’s local station (Zushi, Kanagawa) and Makuhari messe.
- d. Lunch fee capped at 1,500 yen.
- 6. Coordination fee
- a. A daily fee of 5,000 yen for every interpreter booking, regardless of any cancellations.
- b. A one-off fee of 5,000 yen for the TGS student assistant booking, regardless of any cancellations.
- c. No coordination fee in the event that the coordinator is also the interpreter for a given assignment.
- 7. Payment
- All fees and expenses shall be paid in full at the end of each day in cash directly to the interpreter or the student. The interpreter or the student will provide a written invoice and receipt to the client.
- All coordination fees shall be paid in reasonable chunks in cash directly to the coordinator. Payments shall be made according to a schedule mutually agreed by the client and the coordinator.
Fees & Expenses
a guest Feb 8th, 2015 38 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data