Manic Depression (Majesty ••, Nightmare ••)
- Manic Depression
- (Majesty ••, Nightmare ••)
- With this Devotion, your character can force a victim into a rapidly shifting state of mental extremes. One night, she's over-energetic and obsessed, the next she's lethargic and unable to take action.
- Cost: 1 Vitae
- Dice Pool: Manipulation + Empathy + Nightmare, vs Composure + Blood Potency
- Action: Instant
- Choose one of the following Conditions: Manic or Melancholic. If successful, your character's victim receives that Condition. These Conditions persist for one week per success. When one is resolved, the character receives the other until the specified time passes.
- This Devotion costs 2 Experiences to learn.
- New Condition: Manic
- Your character is energetic and focused, to the point of obsession and over-exertion. When repeating an action from one turn to the next, take +1 dice (this is not cumulative). However, when changing from one action to another between turns, take -1 dice (also not cumulative).
- Resolution: When your character fails any action, she stumbles from exhaustion. Resolve this Condition. For the remainder of the scene, all actions are taken at -5 dice unless you spend Willpower, which negates the -5 but does not add +3 dice.
- Beat: N/A
- New Condition: Melancholic
- Your character is lethargic and depressed, and struggles with even the most minor tasks. She receives a -2 penalty on any action on which you do not spend Willpower. Willpower not only negates the -2 penalty, but gives +1 dice above the normal dice pool (instead of the normal +3). She cannot regain Willpower while she has this Condition. She also suffers a -2 to Speed, Initiative, and Defense.
- Resolution: When you spend your character's last point of Willpower, resolve this Condition.
- Beat: N/A
RAW Paste Data Copied