- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 4/11/2015 Wednesday 23:00 evening
- GENERAL: Ferry boat workers announced strike from Monday till Friday in Greece - might be a big problem for all Greek islands and will be relief for the Balkan route this week. Today NO refugees crossed the border between Greece and Macedonia! This will affect situation in Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia in the next 48 hrs.
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Berkasovo is EMPTY, no new buses arriving from Serbia. Czech team will move material to storage places in Šid tomorrow. Contact number +381 649 366 029.
- ŠID (train station) - Buses bring refugees here from Presevo. Situation calm and fluent. Refugees stay just half an hour at the train station, buses are stopped earlier (on higway close to Adaševci) and refugees wait in the bus until the next train is ready. 4 trains left for Slavonski Brod today. Serbian side has got capacity up to 1000 people in Principovac and other places around Šid in case the trains are not able to transport all refugees. No help apart from UNHCR and Red Cross allowed at the moment at the train station. Czech team is monitoring the situation.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - New winter camp with capacity around 7 000 people. Camp opened yesterday, trains come from Šid, the refugees spent just few hours and leave for Slovenia fluently. Slavonski Brod volunteer house - contact Ante nr. 00385919895160. Accreditation needed for the camp - contact Maja Znika on FB before you want to come, but enough volunteers for the time being.
- OPATOVAC - Camp empty and closed this afternoon.
- PRESEVO - Situation stable and under control at the moment, number of refugees dropping significantly. The nights are very cold, temperature drops to zero. Boots, socks, raincoats, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees (700 euros spent daily). If the weather changes, volunteers will be needed to manage 24/7 service (shorter shifts in the cold weather).
- Contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org or use general contact number for volunteers +381 642 653 479 if you want to help there.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: 100 in the last 24 hrs. Needs: FINANCIAL HELP, TENTS, shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Katie Olsson (+381 643 22 10 38) or Christel Sirocchi (+381 64 25 18 468). No volunteers needed now, accreditation very difficult (notifictation 48 hrs ahead you your arrival), but if you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees taken to a camp with hot meals and shower to rest, after that transported to Berkasovo by bus. At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still needed, despite it's not so sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - Few hundred refugees at Dobova 2, and Dobova 1 and Brežice is empty. Several thousand people cross Dobova Train Station per day. Most of them are boarding directly on trains going to the Austrian border (Sentilj/Spielfeld) after spending a couple of hours there with the registration procedure. Some of them, only a few hundred per day are sent to Dobova 2 (and then back to the railway station) or Vrhnika (and then to the Austrian border). Those who are going to these camps can have a refreshment there but the majority of incoming people to the railway station are supplied right there at the station with food packets, hot tea and warm soups. Slovenian Caritas is there together with two Hungarian groups already registrated (Helpers by Heart and Let's Help Together). Arabic speaking volunteers coming for at least 3-4 days are needed also with donations to make the food packets and hot tea.
- VRHNIKA - empty today
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Camps on both sides of the border are busy, but controlled. Šentilj has around 2000 people at noon. Volunteers may sign up with Slovenska Filantropija through their online form (http://www.filantropija.org/prijave/pomoc-na-terenu/), but no volunteers needed at the moment. Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/.
- Waiting time is reduced thanks to better organisation on the Austrian side (more lines to enter the country were added and hence less crowd control problems). For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece, where situation is desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Czech group of volunteers is preparing to help there as well, more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077236385642577/. Doctors/Arabic speakers welcome!
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary!
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Supplies which are needed almost at all places: warm and/or waterproof clothing (jackets, pullovers), blankets, shoes, hats, gloves, socks, dry and canned food, fruit; food for babies and milk. Generally, anything what could make them at least little bit warm and help them of hunger.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 4/11/2015 Wednesday 23:00 evening
michalberg Nov 4th, 2015 1,344 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data