Facebook Hacker “Glenn Mangham” jailed for eight months
- Facebook Hacker “Glenn Mangham” jailed for eight months | www.cyberleaks.org
- Posted: 19th February 2012 by Editor in Security News
- Tags: BBC, Crime Unit, Crown Prosecution Service, FBI, Glenn Mangham, Last December, Metropolitan Police Central, Yahoo Mangham
- BY : Source
- The person behind facebook hacking in last year is under arrest
- “Glenn Mangham” He is a Software development Student from NewYork, who previously hacked into Yahoo but now he hacked into Facebook website between April and May 2011 has been jailed for eight months. Last December, Facebook discovered evidence that pointed back to Mangham and he was arrested by the Metropolitan Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU) in June.
- Facebook Hacker Glenn Mangham jailed for eight months | www.cyberleaks.org
- Mangham had earlier admitted hacking but argued that he only wanted to show Facebook how to improve its security as he had done for Yahoo(Mangham, who had previously been rewarded by Yahoo for finding vulnerabilities in its systems).
- As officials says Facebook spent $200,000 (£126,400) dealing with Mangham’s crime, which triggered a “concerted, time-consuming and costly investigation” by the FBI and British law enforcement.
- BBC quoted as “A Facebook spokesman” saying: “We applaud the efforts of the Metropolitan Police and the Crown Prosecution Service in this case, which did not involve any compromise of personal user data.
- for more stay connected to www.cyberleaks.org
- 373077 233464140070128 36871191479 n6 150x75 Facebook Hacker Glenn Mangham jailed for eight months | www.cyberleaks.org
RAW Paste Data