- Here is how you fix Counter-Strike 1.6 after Valve's most recent update:
- 1. Cut your counter-strike folder away from your steamapps and store it somewhere else
- 2. Go to your Steam library, right click on Counter-Strike and "Delete local content"
- 3. Download Counter-Strike again by opening it through Steam library
- 4. Use -nofbo (you can also try -nomsaa if you like the new rendering setting) in launch options (where you also keep your -noforcemparms -noforcemacel commands to remove mouse acceleration and -freq to set your refresh rate)
- 5. Your cstrike folder is now in steamapps\common\half-life\cstrike, which is where you should put your configs, bots, etc
- 6. Load up Counter-Strike and uncheck "Wait for vertical sync" and "Enable HD models" on the Video tab
- 7. Use gl_vsync 0 (removes vertical sync), gl_aniso 0 (removes anisotrophic filtering) and fps_max 99 (sets your max fps to 99; otherwise movement etc won't be proper)
- If you have a laptop that supports the NVIDIA Optimus technology, here is how you fix possibly fps problems caused by CS no longer being detected as "Counter-Strike" by NVIDIA, but instead as hl.exe (which is ran by the onboard Intel video card):
- You need to add "hl.exe" as a game in NVIDIA control panel's program settings (under 3D settings), and change the preferred graphics processor to NVIDIA. If it's blocked, you need to use NVIDIA Inspector (http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/93516335/file.html) to fix it.
- After adding "hl.exe", load up NVIDIA Inspector and click on the driver settings button (with a wrench on it) in the middle of the program, next to your driver version. Also make sure you close NVIDIA control panel at this time.
- Find "Half Life" from the drop down menu, and then scroll down to "enable application optimus option" and set it to "SHIM_RENDERING_MODE_ENABLE" and click apply settings.
- Open up NVIDIA control panel again, change the setting to "NVIDIA" and click apply. For me this reverted the setting and made it greyed out again, but once I re-did the fix on NVIDIA inspector, it stayed as "NVIDIA" and my fps issues were (at least seemingly/so far) fixed.
CS 1.6 fixes after the recent update
a guest Feb 16th, 2013 24,709 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data