a guest Oct 20th, 2019 221 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The modern republican party is so anti-democracy that they will [try to rig the game](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkBuZw-yEEs) to push their agenda, and they will play as dirty as they think they can get away with. [They're breaking the whole political process.](https://youtube.com/watch?v=mICxKmCjF-4)
- Most of the establishment democrats are in denial, [they still believe that they need to find middle ground with republicans,](https://youtube.com/watch?v=MAbab8aP4_A) like they'll somehow find a reasonable compromise. People say things like "we can't run a candidate who's too far left, the republicans won't work with them." Well guess what, they won't co-operate either way. They said Obama was a socialist and a secret Kenyan Muslim terrorist who hates America. They would have done the same thing with Hillary and [she's basically a republican.](https://youtube.com/watch?v=CL7QxF12S8g) The fact that the democratic party decided to run a centrist, corporatist candidate with no support is actually what cost them the election. The problem that the DNC tries to run candidates who are too far left, it's that they try to run candidates who are too far right.
- In general, the republican party is absolutely awful, I can't think of one good reason to vote for them besides being racist, anti-immigrant, homophobic, strongly pro-gun or anti-abortion. [They're not even fiscally conservative.](https://i.imgur.com/RncrndX.jpg) Overall it's pretty clear, [the democratic voting records absolutely destroys the republican ones.](http://politicsthatwork.com/voting-record/)
- Anyone who actually studies the history should know that [the modern republican party was built on racism.](https://youtu.be/31mvbVBV3X0)
- By the way, here's a fun fact about Reagan: he went out of his way to give his first speech as the republican nominee near a small town in the middle of nowhere. It's a unremarkable town town exect for the one thing it's known for. Back in the 1960s the sheriff, the police and the KKK killed 3 civil rights activists. So Reagan went there and said this: "I still believe the answer to any problem lies with the people. I believe in states' rights. I believe in people doing as much as they can for themselves at the community level and at the private level". [True story.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_Neshoba_County_Fair_"states%27_rights"_speech)
- Also, anyone who hasn't heard it should listen to [Killer Mike - Reagan](https://youtu.be/6lIqNjC1RKU)
- But just because the republican party is bad doesn't mean that the democrat party is good. For example let's take a look at the most recent democratic president, who many people hold up as an example of a great president. People act like his only scandal was wearing a tan suit.
- Yes the right wing manufactured some ridiculous 'scandals' around him, and [they went after him for the same things Trump does,](https://youtu.be/b-cZG81-MPQ) but the fact is that Obama did plenty of awful things.
- In the same way that the news goes after Trump for some relatively inconsequential things when he does much worse stuff that they should be talking about. I'm not saying that everything the news goes after Trump for is unimportant, but some of it is. They should be talking more about stuff like [this](https://youtu.be/gAmpD5MvDw8) and [this.](https://youtu.be/LQ3aatCJK0w)
- But like I said, to act like Obama did nothing wrong is absolutely ridiculous.
- **Here's a list of terrible things that Obama did:**
- [Before he was inaugurated, he had Citibank privately vet his cabinet, basically letting a huge bank choose his cabinet picks](https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/32870)
- [3 days after his inauguration, he launched his first drone strikes](https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/23/drone-strike-victim-barack-obama)
- [Some of his drone offensives killed 90% innocent people](https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/15/90-of-people-killed-by-us-drone-strikes-in-afghani/)
- [Escalated the war in Afghanistan](https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120991044)
- [Was the first Nobel Peace Prize winner in history to bomb another Nobel peace prize winner](https://www.reuters.com/article/us-afghanistan-attack-msf/obama-apologizes-for-kunduz-attack-msf-demands-independent-probe-idUSKCN0S10SX20151007)
- [Turning Libya from Africa's most prosperous nation, to the ISIS hellhole it is today](https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html)
- [Granted immunity to torturers](https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/31/obama-justice-department-immunity-bush-cia-torturer)
- [Started an unprecedented crackdown on whistleblowers](https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/16/whistleblowers-double-standard-obama-david-petraeus-chelsea-manning)
- [Signed an executive order banning Syrian and Iranian immigrants](https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2012/04/23/executive-order-blocking-property-and-suspending-entry-united-states-cer)
- [Deported children to send a message to their parents](https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration/u-s-says-deportation-of-honduran-children-a-warning-to-illegal-migrants-idUSKBN0FK29N20140715)
- [Cut food stamps while bailing out big banks](http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-signs-food-stamp-cut/)
- [Bailed out Wallstreet but not people whose homes were foreclosed upon](https://www.salon.com/2009/03/20/reich_3/)
- [Lobbied to LOWER the minimum wage in Haiti to 30 cents an hour](https://www.thenation.com/article/wikileaks-haiti-let-them-live-3-day/)
- [Made Bush's tax cut permanent under 2008 Dem Congressional majority](http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/16/AR2010121606200.html)
- [Democrats skillfully manipulated the rules so they didn't have to pass single payer](https://www.salon.com/2010/02/23/democrats_34/)
- [And much, much more!](https://twitter.com/eshaLegal/status/943857178313658369?s=20)
- We don't need another corporatist centrist democrat, we need someone who will actually change the system and do things differently. We need someone who has demonstrated their dedication to their positions. Someone who cared about important issues before they were popular. Someone who fought for civil rights and LGBT rights back when it was still politically dangerous to do so. We need someone who has stood by their principles their whole life. [We need someone that the media is afraid of.](https://youtu.be/3ZhkKATtqtU)
- • • • • • • •
- If anyone would like to copy this post, [here's a Pastebin link.](https://pastebin.com/J92sXA5w) I think this information is really important so please feel free to spread it around as much as you can. And if you'd like to see more posts like this, check out r/MobilizedMinds
RAW Paste Data