a guest Oct 25th, 2019 154 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I went ahead and recorded a new video since I’d changed some things. The whale animation wasn’t looping properly in this recording, though, but it’s been fixed.
- VIDEO: https://youtu.be/BfjEpsW5Vms
- • Particles
- o I added some particles to make the environment feel more like water – this doesn’t change yet when switching to terrestrial so bear with me on that. In the future I will have an extremely simple environment for the terrestrial as well – some simple grass (nothing crazy).
- o Bubbles fly around the scene in a noisy pattern that emulates rippling currents in the ocean – these float to the top.
- Some bubbles are floating horizontally to emulate currents (these will eventually align with the model’s direction)
- • Models *float*
- o For most of the small creatures I’ve developed a system for the models to float up and down to add more of a swimming effect. The shark is void of this effect as sharks don’t really move like that.
- o The whale doesn’t move because it is so large I was worried it would be difficult to keep up with as a viewer
- • Rotating doesn’t feel quite right yet
- o Rotating is still restricted to the horizontal view, which doesn’t feel very good. I want to change this to be a full orbit around the models, but haven’t found a visually pleasing way to do this yet. Working on it.
- o Rotating somewhat works in the AR view but I’m going to remove the camera functionality and instead rotate the model (simplification)
- • Panning (Input?)
- o I plan to add panning to the application soon, but wanted some input:
- Panning by my definition is moving the camera’s pivot point physically through space. This allows a move dynamic view. However, this also adds some potential for error when it comes to user experience. I would like to account for this, so I’m still trying to think of a pleasing way to pan around the area.
- • If I restrict the camera’s origin to a radius from the model, would this be sufficient? I don’t want the user getting lost in the scene.
- • Retopology
- o Our modelers have taken a crack at retopologizing the models they chose. They had a good start but have a lot to learn in the next week.
- • Learn more about poles and tris, and how to avoid them
- • New attempt with better knowledge of topology cleanliness
- If you have any input on the app so far I’m all ears. Colors wise, I chose things that work for the time being. I would really appreciate some color palette to work with, though.
- Hope this was helpful!
RAW Paste Data