#CONLeaks — Against Harper's doxing
bonegolem Sep 14th, 2016 65 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [24/12/2014, 5:59:32 AM] David Gallant: Hmm. Randi is posting Facebook profiles of folks who are harassing her.
- [24/12/2014, 6:03:44 AM] Quinnae: Le sigh.
- [24/12/2014, 6:04:20 AM] Ian Cheong: Yeah that's not cool.
- [24/12/2014, 6:04:26 AM] Quinnae: I understand why people feel tempted to do that but it's just not ethical. You can't control who uses that information for what purpose. It's why doxxing is insidious: you can put personal info in front of a faceless, global audience instantaneously.
- [24/12/2014, 6:05:05 AM] Quinnae: So even if you're trying to, with good reason, shame a harasser, you can't control what that huge crowd decides to do with that info, and all you've potentially done is create more pain.
- [24/12/2014, 6:06:19 AM] Rob: Yeah. I've lashed out like that. It's wrong.
- [24/12/2014, 6:06:41 AM] Rob: I think I'd only do it now if someone directly came at my family or like someone showed up at my door or some shit and the cops wouldn't do anything.
- [24/12/2014, 6:06:56 AM] SF: And DarkMossGarden is an asshole concern troll and I don't know why MiB puts up with him.
- [24/12/2014, 6:07:11 AM] Tesseract: https://twitter.com/SJWIlluminati/status/547512351822741504 lol gatorgame
- [24/12/2014, 6:08:03 AM] Rob: But yeah, doxxing is pretty much always wrong, and even setting aside ethical issues
- [24/12/2014, 6:08:06 AM] Rob: It virtually always backfires.
RAW Paste Data