- This Saturday March 29 2014 @ 1 PM NZDT (New Zealand Daylight Time) concerned citizens will again gather en masse at Aotea Square Auckland for the National Day of Action Against The TPPA. This will mark the fourth anniversary of the secret TPPA negotiations and we will send the government a BIG message – STOP the TPPA!
- There are other marches being held in 14 towns and cities around the country. Join your local March or support us online to let the Government know that we do not want to be sold out.
- Event Hashtags: #TPPANoWay #M29
- Official Twitter: @ItsOurFutureNZ
- Official Website: http://www.itsourfuture.org.nz/march-29-nationwide-day-of-action-against-the-tppa/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1436397496575159/?fref=ts
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwqMp1ykbW8
- Live Tweeters/Streamers: @OccupyNZ @endarken @keyweekat @redstar309z & check the hashtags for others on the day
- The TPPA (Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement) would empower foreign investors: to change New Zealand Laws; make medicines more expensive; stop stricter GMO labelling; Under cut moves to protect the environment; Prevent new limits on mining, drilling and fracking; Fuel financial crises; Lock in asset sales; Stop buy NZ made policies; reduce internet freedom.
- The TPPA puts our sovereignty at risk, violates our democratic right to decide our own future, and wastes taxpayers money that should be spent on Social, not Corporate Welfare.
- TPPA Rally Sponsors: MANA movement of the people; CTU The New Zealand Council of Trade Unions; FIRST UNION Putting workers first; The Green Party of Aotearoa; Maritime Union of NZ; New Zealand First; OXFAM New Zealand: PPTA New Zealand Post Primary Teachers Association: PSA; SWFU nga ringa tota; Campaign against foreign control of Aotearoa; Tertiary Education Union; Occupy New Zealand; Maori Party; GREENPEACE NZ.
a guest Mar 24th, 2014 802 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data