Day 1 - HTML
- Day 1:
- Every webpage is made up of HTML. HTML stands for "Hypertext markup language"
- All the HTML files have the extension of .html.
- To write the HTML you'll need a text editor.
- I'll be using sublime text.
- Some famous text editors (IDE's) are:
- sublime text (will be used in this course), -> https://www.sublimetext.com/3
- vscode etc
- We'll be using codecademy to proceed with our HTML lessons:
- Opening tag example: <p>
- Closing tag: </p>
- All the closing tags have a '/'.
- <body> tag:
- All the content written between the body tag is shown in the webpage.
- Writing presentational tags (p, h1, h2..etc) outside the body tag is illegal.
- Heading tag:
- We have 6 types of headings. h1 to h6. h1 is the largest heading, and h6 is the smallest heading.
- Div tag:
- Div stands for 'division'. It's a container tag.
- We can wrap any element within the div tag.
- Attributes are properties that can be added to tags..
- eg: <p id="value">hey there</p>
- <p class="anyValuehere">Hey there</p>
- Homework: : https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html
- Finish the entire HTML tutorail on codecademy.
RAW Paste Data Copied