IP Vegan Butter Chicken
vimdiesel Apr 20th, 2019 70 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Servings: 4 Calories: 318 kcal
- 4 large ripe tomatoes or 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 5.33 cloves of garlic
- 0.67 inch cube of ginger
- 1.33 green chile
- 1 cup water
- 0.67 to 1.33 tsp garam masala
- 0.67 tsp paprika
- 0.33 to 0.67 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.33 cup soy curls (dry, not rehydrated)
- 1.33 cup cooked chickpeas
- 0.67 tsp or more garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 0.67 moderately hot green chile finely chopped, or use 2 tbsp finely chopped green bell pepper
- 0.67 tsp minced or finely chopped ginger
- 0.33 cup cilantro for garnish
- 1. Blend the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chile with water until smooth.
- 2. Add pureed tomato mixture to the Instant pot or pressure cooker. Add soy curls, chickpeas, spices and salt. Close the lid and cook on Manual for 8 to 10 minutes. (6 minutes for stove top pressure cooker). Quick release after 10 minutes. (See notes for Stove top instructions)
- 3. Start the IP on saute (medium heat for stove top pressure cooker). Add the cashew cream, garam masala, sweetener and fenugreek leaves and mix in. Bring to a boil, taste and adjust salt, heat, sweet. Add more cayenne and salt if needed. Fold in the chopped green chile, ginger and cilantro and press cancel(take off heat).
- 4. At this point you can add some vegan butter or oil for additional buttery flavor. Serve hot over rice or with flatbread or Naan.
RAW Paste Data