- Draupadi favors Arjuna
- (Extract from 'The Mahabharata' of Krishna-Dwaipayana Vyasa BOOK 17 "Mahaprasthanika-parva"
- Translated into English Prose from the Original Sanskrit Text
- by Kisari Mohan Ganguli [1883-1896]
- "Those princes of restrained souls and devoted to
- Yoga, proceeding to the north, beheld Himavat, that very large mountain.
- Crossing the Himavat, they beheld a vast desert of sand. They then saw
- the mighty mountain Meru, the foremost of all high-peaked mountains. As
- those mighty ones were proceeding quickly, all rapt in Yoga, Yajnaseni,
- falling of from Yoga, dropped down on the Earth. Beholding her fallen
- down, Bhimasena of great strength addressed king Yudhishthira the just,
- saying, O scorcher of foes, this princess never did any sinful act. Tell
- us what the cause is for which Krishna has fallen down on the Earth!
- "Yudhishthira said: O best of men, though we were all equal unto her she
- had great partiality for Dhananjaya. She obtains the fruit of that
- conduct today, O best of men."
Draupadi favors Arjuna
a guest Sep 16th, 2012 3,871 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data