Info / Submission Guidelines v5
theworstlabel Aug 29th, 2017 (edited) 1,648 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The Worst is a netlabel that has existed since 2014.
- All of our digital releases are free, or pay-what-you-want with no minimum, with profit going towards download credits or sent to artists per request.
- If you have any inquiries or wish to submit a release for our consideration, please email us at email@example.com
- If you message us anywhere else (Twitter, Soundcloud, Facebook) it may take a very long time for us to see it, and it's more likely to get lost entirely.
- We primarily accept submissions of the following genres:
- Breakcore (lolicore, mashcore etc.), drill'n'bass, drum & bass, footwork, juke, IDM
- You may submit an album that doesn't conform to any of the aforementioned styles, but know that it will be more heavily scrutinized.
- We like breaks, melody, anime, ambience, structure.
- We prefer the minimum length of our releases to be around 15 minutes.
- As of 2018 we're looking to branch out into guitar music, please get in touch if you're interested in our label and you make any of the following: emo, screamo, powerviolence, emoviolence, grindcore, black metal, crust
- Thank you.
- When sending us a demo, a few tracks from the release you want us to put out is enough, but feel free to send it in its entirety.
- You can contact us at any point in time about a release, however we will not confirm anything until we have an idea of what the release would sound like.
- If your submission is accepted, we will need the following for a proper release:
- 1. Tracks in lossless .wav or .flac format (no lossy transcodes unless unavoidable).
- 2. Album art at 1400x1400 or larger, in either .png, .jpg or .gif format, with a maximum filesize of 10MB. Please make sure you are allowed to use the art if it is not original.
- 3. (Optional) Any relevant links, credits, notes or lyrics you want included on the page.
- 4. (Optional) Any bonus items you wish to attach to the download (https://bandcamp.com/help/editing#bonus_formats).
- 5. (Optional) Your Paypal address and a statement on whether or not you want us to forward revenue to you.
- If you deny any money, it will primarily be spent on free download credits, but may go towards potential fees or merchandise supplies and equipment.
- We do not wish to re-release already existing releases, and we do not wish to have our digital releases re-released on other labels.
- This is based on our belief that labels and artists share a mutualistic relationship, and that releases should have one home that is significant to both parties.
- You may self-release your music on your own websites, but we humbly ask you not to do so for as long as it's readily available through us.
- Besides digital distribution, we would be happy to help you find a home for physicals of your release if we believe it is something that a label we work with (Bijou Bay, Defunct) would be interested in.
- Even if that isn't the case, we encourage artists to talk with us about their plans as we would like to help where we can.
- By releasing through us, you agree to the following:
- 2. That for as long as your music is available for free on The Worst, it will not be released digitally by another label. Please don't hesitate to discuss physical releases with us, though.
- 3. That you expect The Worst to be a permanent home for your release, and as such you will not ask us to remove it from our catalog at a later date without good reason.
- Please email us if you have any questions.
- Thank you for your interest.
RAW Paste Data