BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 16/12/2015 Wednesday 23:45
michalberg Dec 16th, 2015 932 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 16/12/2015 Wednesday 23:45
- GENERAL: People from non SIA countries are being moved from Tae-kwon-do stadium to Elliniko Hockey stadium in Athens. Volunteers needed in Šid/Adaševci! Situation is stable on most places on Balkan route, we will be moving from daily updates to WEEKLY UPDATES STARTING TOMORROW!!
- - PLEASE ALWAYS check conditions on the place you are about to go to volunteering or provide donations before starting your journey - via phone, facebook or email. Situation may change quickly!
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - GREEK ISLANDS: According to UNHCR statistics the daily average arrivals in December is at 3400. Out of this Syria: 36%, Afghanistan: 23%, Iraq: 26%, Iran: 4%, Morocco: 4%. Rough sea today so less arrivals expected.
- - LESVOS: Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7. Volunteers are asking for donations:
- - 1 rentals van (for the emergency response teams) on month-to-month basis, survival blankets, rain ponchos, shoes and socks (men and women), 1 second gaz cylinder for the kitchen, kitchen utensils, winter clothes for volunteers, sponsor for accommodations.
- Contact: Fred Morlet +30 694 900 1568 Candidate volunteers (for a period of min. 2 weeks) must apply directly by Felicity (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- - CHIOS: International team of volunteers on site. If you want to help there, please contact Moritz Reitschuster on FB or here: +306 947 848 772.
- - ATHENS: People from non SIA countries are being moved from Tae-kwon-do stadium to Elliniko Hockey stadium in Athens. They should be able to stay there for up to 3 months, the capacity is said to be for 700-800 people. Cca 100 people have been taken to another camp Notara 26.
- - IDOMENI: Only Syrians, Afghanis and Iraqis are now brought by buses from Athens and allowed on site and are able to continue to Macedonia without any significant delay.
- - GEVGELIJA: 1450 people in 2 trains left Gevgelija till 8 pm. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. Lack of heated tents, people are cold at night. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Providing food, clothes (especially winter gear and children’s clothes), space for relaxation, and medical treatment for them. Volunteers needed at the end of this week. Contact person is Manuela +381 628 997 837
- Also Tabanovce on Macedonian side needs volunteers, especially in the night shift, as well as information and men’s shoes. If you are in the area, please contact local team on field.
- - PREŠEVO: Tents in the camp got heaters. Borderfree, Adra, UVP (local org) are providing support to the queue outside the camp. Tea, clothing, food, being distributed. Volunteers currently not needed in Presevo. Local coordinator and all day in Presevo - firstname.lastname@example.org & +381638940986. If you can donate money of winter clothes, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: 50 refugees from Afghanistan came in the night/early morning, taken care of. IHO is handing out food packages as well as clothing and blankets (during the night). Local team still asks for shoes, especially for men, size 40-44. Enough volunteers for now. Coordinator on site is Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77.
- - BEOGRAD: Volunteers at Miksaliste ask for milk, sugar, biscuits, rubber gloves; shoes and socks for men (41-45), winter clothing (especially men's S/M), underwear. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact email@example.com.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Calm day today. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in 3 shifts now, we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. Volunteers welcomed! Please contact Petra Quirke: firstname.lastname@example.org or +420 605 471 465 (sms only).
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 3177 refugees entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod camp currently states cca 1000 people. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, pants, jackets, caps, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December still possible! Contacts for donations: email@example.com or https://www.facebook.com/anto.vrdoljak
- - DOBOVA: By noon today 2127 refugees have entered the country. Dobova was empty. Dobova is asking for shoes, winter jackets for smaller kids and baby bottles. If you can donate either please contact https://www.facebook.com/Slovenskafilantropija or https://www.facebook.com/areyousyrious/
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
RAW Paste Data