Games of 2017
puchiedarcy Dec 12th, 2017 (edited) 138 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I wish I had played a lot more games this year but here's a list anyway.
- Top Games of 2017
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- + lived up to the hype
- + badge system and going almost full BP build is mega fun
- + amazing writing
- + this game has everything.
- TLoZ: Breath of the Wild / Super Mario Odyssey
- + just lumping the mega Nintendo releases together
- + basically everyone has played these and knows why they're great.
- = i personally don't consider the extreme collecting a negative aspect (shrines/koroks/moons)
- = if I had to pick... i'd probably put Zelda over Odyssey atm. I feel like it'll flip over time/with replays.
- The Witness
- + didn't expect to like it as much as I did
- + really enjoyed the map layout and exploring
- + was really satisfying discovering mechanics myself moreso than actual puzzles
- = with there was more of The Challenge-like content but w/e
- - voice over tapes trigger me real hard.
- Disgaea 5
- + i mean it's disgaea. you like it or you don't.
- + everything was super approachable/accessable and easier to understand
- - main story was too long
- Grand Theft Auto III
- + surprise hit; didn't expect to leave first island
- + good pacing, good mission variety
- = i cheated last mission b/c i neglected side-content; my own fault.
- Honorable Mentions:
- La-Mulana + really fun, would probably have liked it more if not for IRL stuff interrupting playing several times.
- Castlevania (NES) + played on a whim one night and it was freaking sick.
- SMB: The Lost Levels (Luigi) + dude. the grease.
- Worst Games of 2017
- GT Sport
- - incomplete mess compared to GT6
- - no grand prix
- + XP/leveling/in-game cheevo/stats system was really cool and well done
- + good sound track
- + lots of trials/challeneges that would have been a great compliment to standard race game instead of by itself
- The World Ends with You
- - absolutely nothing about this game clicked with me
- - gimmicky DS title
- - weeb af
- - cumbersome controls
- - just not for me.
- - reading
- Pokemon Ultra Sun
- - i can't even get myself off the second island because it's just so similar to main games and i've heard to doesn't get better.
- + UB Assembly
RAW Paste Data