==//// FOR APPRENTICE BAKERS - 'HOW TO BAKE' ////==
Using the instructions below, you can practise baking over at 8ch.net/comms/
Info at the foot of this paste.
==INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED==
- An open tab for the current thread
- An open tab for your next thread
- An open text editor
- The current paste from the last baker
==WHAT TO DO==
'''Grab The Paste from the Current Thread / Previous Baker'''
- A Pastebin or Ghostbin link is found in the last bakers post of the OP.
- Paste the contents/batter/dough into your text editor.
- For Windows, Notepad is good however Notepad++ is a bakers dream as you can have multiple tabs open. It's a free download and open source.
- For Mac text editors see https://beebom.com/best-text-editors-for-mac/
- MSWord or similar isn’t good as it messes the formatting. Best to use a plain text editor.
- IMPORTANT: If you receive the dough in a ghostbin, click 'view raw' at the top and copy from there as otherwise formatting is lost.
- Look over the dough and notice where the section breaks are: //////////// POST BREAK /////////////.
'''Get Your Image Ready'''
- Download the General image (vets have it saved and always to hand).
'''Make Your New Thread Ready To Post'''
- It's never too early to make your next thread ready for posting.
- Open up the Catalog in a new tab - 8ch.net/qresearch/catalog.html.
- At the top, just above the top threads, click on 'Create a Thread'.
- ENTER SUBJECT: Q Research General #298: Liberty Or Death Edition! (You can copy and paste this from the thread list below).
- CHANGE THE NUMBER & EDITION TITLE.
- ENTER COMMENT: This is the first post of the dough, copy and pasted from your text editor.
- CHOOSE IMAGE: This is the general thread image which you have saved from earlier.
- CHECK THE THREAD NUMBER.
- DOUBLE CHECK THE THREAD NUMBER.
- TRIPLE CHECK THE THREAD NUMBER.
'''Collect Notable Posts & News'''
- Now you can relax and know that if Q posts or there's a habbening, meaning the bread gets eaten rapidly, you are ready.
- Leave your new thread like this until you're ready to post it.
- Go back to the current thread and look for 'Notable Posts'.
- Think of anons who will have missed some threads and look to Notable Posts for an update of what's happened / has been discovered.
- Add any resources updates, important news and notable posts to your notepad dough. Use your discretion.
- List in reverse order, latest at the top.
- Be strong and don't be bullied. Be alert if an anon/s want a notable removed. We generally don't unless proven false. Offer to add a counter argument instead.
- Links inside the board are linked as such >>990898 (copy paste the post number and add the >>).
- Links outside the board within 8ch are linked as such >>>/greatawakening/81 (name of board, 81 being the post number).
- At around 500 posts or any time, post the notables gathered so far and ask if any have been missed or to submit for consideration.
'''Post Your New Thread'''
- At around 650 posts, post that you are ==baking== to let anons know there's a baker.
- To format in Red Bold add ==on each side of your post== and for Black Bold, '''on each side of your post'''.
- A Red Bold ==Heading== must be on its own line for formatting to work. Black Bold works within a line.
- At around 680 posts, or 650 if you are new to it or the bread is moving quickly, click 'New Thread' to post your new thread.
- CHECK THE THREAD NUMBER ONE LAST TIME BEFORE YOU DO.
- Copy the next dough section and paste it in as a 'REPLY' to your new thread.
'''Pastebin Your Dough'''
- When finished pasting the dough sections, copy ALL the dough from notepad and paste into a 'new paste' at pastebin.com or ghostbin.com
- (click 'create new paste'. you don't need an account or to sign up).
- Grab the pastebin address and paste it into your new thread as the last bakers post, including the thread number.
'''Link To Your New Thread'''
- Copy the numbers from the 239264.html part on your new thread.
- Go back to the current thread and paste the address into your New Thread announcement. Make it clear -
- POST NEW BREAD ANNOUNCEMENT AROUND 730 - 735.
- Relax and have a short break. You deserve it. Rinse & Repeat.
'''Seems Real Simple. What Could Go Wrong?'''
Your New Thread Freezes While Posting
- Upon clicking 'New Thread' to create your new thread, the page sticks on 'posting' forever.
- If this happens at 100%, open up a new tab, open the catalog, refresh the page, look for your new thread. If it's not there, keep refreshing.
- It will probably be there somewhere in the top two rows. If so, click to open it up and reply from there. Close your frozen 'posting' tab.
- If it's not there after refreshing 4 times, start from scratch. It's extremely unusual if you have to do this.
You Name The Thread With The Incorrect Number
- If you do this, you're a faggot who didn't quadruple check. No worries.
- Let the BO know and ask them to rename it.
- On your first top post of the thread, beside the thread title, click on the triangle and 'report'.
- Type in 'BO, please rename as #444. TY, Baker'. BO will rename soon and let you know in the thread.
- Make a clear announcement as soon as you can in the thread to stop any complaints -
==Incorrect Thread Number. This is #832==
I have requested that the BO change it. Sorry folks, baker.
Two Threads Are Made At The Same Time
- If this happens, report the other thread as above and request that the BO delete it.
- Make a clear post in the wrong thread, directing anons to the correct thread. Include link.
You Make A Mistake
- If this happens, fess up and say sorry in a clear post, as fast as you can. This stops confusion and complaints.
- If confusion and/or complaints persist, make another announcement/s.
'''Bakers Handoff / Acceptance'''
Starting to Bake
- If you'd like to bake, announce ==baker on standby== or something like that.
- If the current baker requests a new baker, answer them and offer.
- Once the current baker gives you the go ahead, he will announce you as the new baker.
- This is known as the bakers handshake. Ask again for confirmation if it's not given, to be 100% clear.
- Post in the thread to show you're on it and assure anons you're doing your job (post added to bread) or similar.
- Request a new baker early and clearly ==new baker request== or something like that.
- Wait for a new baker. Confirm with them and announce them clearly ==new baker confirmed==.
- If you have to leave and don't have a relief baker, leave a clear announcement saying you're leaving, that there's no baker on duty and request someone bakes the next thread.
- If leaving without a relief baker you can also report your leaving post to alert BO/BV that there's no baker on duty.
- Ask anons to help by reminding everyone they need a baker.
'''When Q Posts'''
- Concentrate on getting them accurately into the dough as they're posted, as fast as you can.
- Expect the kitchen to get HOT and the threads to move QUICKLY. Stay super alert. Have your next thread ready very early.
- Don't worry if you miss any, it happens. Anons will help you.
- To format the spacing between Q posts and the description, simply cut and paste the ---- from a Q post below.
- If you have time, try to gather notable theories and posts on Q's posts and add them to the dough together or by subject. - You can put a space and a , between each >>55900 , >>55960.
- This way anons can catch up on what's been discovered / lines of thinking when they join later.
'''Practising Baking Before Going Live'''
- Go to 8ch.net/comms/ and post a few trial breads there following the instructions above.
- The links within the bread will be broken but that doesn't matter, you'll still be baking just the same as on /qresearch/.
- Please delete your thread afterwards by clicking on the triangle next to your thread header and 'delete post'.
'''Deleting Notable Posts'''
- The limit for one post is 100 lines. For each notable thread section you create, delete the bottom one.
- CommsAnon archives the notables on /comms/, so we have an archive of notables if anyone asks (link always at the foot of notables)
'''Emergency Instructions for Baking Without An Image'''
'''Embed A Video Instead of Using An Image'''
- Breads need to include an image to post.
- If under attack, sometimes we are unable to post images.
- To work around, instead of adding an image, click under the 'file' field on 'show post options and limits'.
- In the 'Embed' field, enter the url of a video. If it's a YouTube video, change the 'you' in the url to 'hook'.
Videos if you need one in a rush:
'''Trump Rally Video'''
'''Pepe The Frog - Feels Good Man'''
If you think anything is needed in these instructions, please shout out in the thread.
WELCOME TO THE KITCHEN. YOUR SERVICE IS APPRECIATED.
GOOD LUCK! BAKING IS REWARDING AND YOU'LL SOON FIND YOUR RHYTHM.
IF IN DOUBT, ASK IN THREAD. ANONS AND OLDFAG BAKERS WILL HELP YOU.
GODSPEED APPRENTICE BAKER, YOU'LL SOON BE A MASTER.