a guest Feb 21st, 2019 62 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- JANEWAY: Report!
- SESKA: We're running into some kind of spatial distortion.
- JANEWAY: Mister Tuvok!
- TUVOK: The distortions are emanating from a highly localized disturbance in the space-time continuum. Distance, twenty thousand kilometres off the port bow.
- JANEWAY: All stop. On screen. Gravimetric flux density is over two thousand percent. If I'm not mistaken, we're looking at a type four quantum singularity.
- TUVOK: Captain, I am receiving an audio transmission from within the singularity.
- JANEWAY: On speakers.
- (A female sounding voice, but the words are garbled.)
- KIM: I think I've found the source of the transmission.
- (The distant image of a ship appears on the viewscreen against the black hole.)
- JANEWAY: Does it look like any ship you're familiar with?
- NEELIX: No, nothing I recognise. But then it's, it's so hard to make out.
- JANEWAY: They may be trapped in the event horizon. Open a channel. This is Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Starship Voyager to the vessel near the quantum singularity. Do you need help?
- KES: Event horizon?
- NEELIX: A singularity is a star that's collapsed in on itself. The event horizon is a very powerful energy field surrounding it. Why, er, once on a particularly dangerous trade mission to the twin stars of Keloda, I myself was almost trapped inside
- TUVOK: No response to our hail, Captain.
- JANEWAY: Can we tractor the vessel out?
- KIM: No. The subspace interference is too heavy.
- NEELIX: Captain, we're less than three light years from Ilidaria. They have sophisticated technology. They might be able to help and they're quite friendly, most of the time.
RAW Paste Data