- [00:19]<latent> SLUG UTM?
- [00:19]<crashdemons> SLUG UTM? slug book?
- [00:19]<crashdemons> UTM is a coordinates system
- [00:19]<latent> I know
- [00:19]<aquinas> where's code-128 coming from?
- [00:19]<crashdemons> region 10?
- [00:19]<latent> barcode of the ruler book
- [00:20]<OTPBot22> New Entries: 856kb (wwwwww25225733315#wwwwwww128##wwwww on 202/Controller) http://is.gd/oVMmd9 |
- [00:20]<aquinas> fuck right
- [00:20]<crashdemons> @UTM 10 432399 5107467
- [00:20]<OTPBot22> 46.1174307103862, -123.874887389293 ( http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=46.1174307103862,-123.874887389293&spn=0.05,0.05&t=m&q=46.1174307103862,-123.874887389293 )
- [00:21]<crashdemons> South of Astoria
- [00:23]<aquinas> where'd you get slugutm latent?
- [00:23]<crashdemons> near a riverside parking lot for something
- [00:23]<latent> the barcode on the ruler book
- [00:23]<latent> code-128 is a barcode format that can encode ascii
- [00:24]<latent> used zbar to read it since for some reason my phone can't do it
- [00:24]<latent> even though I know I've read other code 128 barcodes before
- [00:24]<aquinas> ooooh i see
- [00:25]<crashdemons> looks like it's in a Park area according to GEarth
- [00:26]<crashdemons> Fort Clatsop Rd?
- [00:29]<crashdemons> I thought it was about a drop for the recently-posted Slugs book
- [00:29]<crashdemons> :p
- [00:29]<crashdemons> which, the first UTM coords seem pretty... convenient.
- [00:31]<crashdemons> http://i.imgur.com/2Ghqflw.jpg
- [00:33]* Mortvert has quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
- [00:34]<latent> oh, so that's where the fringing was coming from
- [00:34]<latent> twitter throws some horrible sharpen filter on it
- [00:37]<crashdemons> this is the best streetview available of the drop location: http://i.imgur.com/e4cM8DC.jpg
- [00:42]<crashdemons> hopefully we can get someone in and out before attracting a park ranger/admin
- [00:42]<crashdemons> lol
- [00:44]<aquinas> god i hope it's a drop with the bootloader code
- [00:44]<crashdemons> https://twitter.com/excitingbooks/status/436050324994813952/photo/1/large
- [00:45]<L0j1k> so the code as coords was a viable idea?
- [00:45]<crashdemons> also, same ISBN (UTM as we now know)
- [00:51]<latent> L0j1k: the slug and ruler books have a code 128 barcode on them that reads SLUGUTM
- [00:51]* L0j1k has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
- [00:51]<latent> welp
- [00:53]* L0j1k (~default@unaffiliated/l0j1k) has joined #ARG
- [00:53]<latent> <latent> L0j1k: the slug and ruler books have a code 128 barcode on them that reads SLUGUTM
- [00:59]<latent> wrote a batch file to run zbar for every book image I have saved for the sake of it
- [00:59]<latent> got code-128 out of the two books, a few ean-13s, and nothing for most of them
- [00:59]<aquinas> awesome
- [01:00]<aquinas> so are we officially calling drop?
a guest Feb 21st, 2014 105 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data