a guest Oct 23rd, 2019 67 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I know this will sound stupid and ignorant. But why hasn't anyone made a port of Glide 64 for more modern graphics cards?
- The current state uses a rather un-needed "wrapper" that basically emulates the graphics card (I think). Is there really a point of making it run the best on out-dated Voodoo cards? Even more stupid is that a computer old enough to use a Voodoo card would probably not even be able to run Glide 64. This "wrapper" built logic can make any game running glide 64 run slow, even on a gaming-PC tank. The worst is when the framebuffer is set on to read every frame (Which some games need). Good luck getting any decent frame-rate on that.
- Heck, the whole logic behind Glide 64's functioning is black Voodoo magic. It needs to be shot with the Golden Gun a couple times before it comes back.
- So. Why even build it with dated Voodoo cards in mind? IMO. The creator of Glide 64 should allow someone to port it to more modern graphics cards without the black-magic wrapper.
- And yes, I know more "modern" graphics plugins are being made. But you might as well have a couple-thousand dollar computer to run a game at 30 FPS, am I right? The requirements needed are un-needed and insane. Especially when you look back at Project 64 1.6's default graphic plugin. It ran pretty dang good, even on a netbook. All it really needed is some new features and improvements, and you'd have a pretty well-made plugin.
- But no, we gotta do things the backwards way. Rather than building off a decent foundation, we tear it apart for something more stubborn and slow.
RAW Paste Data