- Subject: IndieHaven & Mike Bithell
- Sources: IndieHaven, Patreon.
- Date Compiled: June 19th, 2015.
- Credits: @A_PLANT_'s medium article on various journalist kickstarters / patreons for reference. The rest, original research.
- 02.03.14: "Think its time for another coworking/chatting/coffee/awesome day at loading bar next week, maybe Tuesday? (@LaurakBuzz @xiotex @mikeBithell)" https://archive.is/bEb1h
- 07.12.14: @genderTruckery @cubed2D @Moranfox @Cloudhunter See my highly negative preview of Mike Bithell's Volume after he backed our patreon :P https://archive.is/UI511
- Mike Bithell has been supporting IndieHaven for 367 days. (06.16.14) https://archive.is/jeR2T
- Articles with Potential Conflicts of Interest:
- 06.16.14: Cover art revealed for dystopian stealth-puzzler Volume https://archive.is/xU432
- 07.03.14: Radius Festival: Volume Hands On Preview https://archive.is/jVg22
- 08.15.14: Mike Bithell’s stealth puzzler Volume gets new gameplay trailer https://archive.is/kfLAu
- 09.18.14: Thomas Was Alone set to arrive on PS4 later this year https://archive.is/f3l4C
- 09.31.14: Andy Serkis Joins Cast of Volume https://archive.is/vRwvK
- 10.02.14: Thomas Was Alone hops onto Wii U, Xbox One and PS4 this November https://archive.is/5Vs12 *
- 11.06.14: Interview – Mike Bithell (Volume) – Indie Haven Does GameCity https://archive.is/fcHNK
- 11.18.14: Mike Bithell Talks Volume In Home-Studio Interview https://archive.is/pkAQk
- 02.12.15: Diatribes on Design: Interactive and Narrative Synergy https://archive.is/qWWwD
- 06.10.15: Volume Release Date Revealed in New Trailer https://archive.is/n7GyU
- *Sourced from another site, but still listed due to the patreon connection with IndieHaven.
- 02.02.15: Episode 81 – Mike Bithell (Volume) – The Indie haven Podcast https://archive.is/Hd5iQ
- There IS disclosure in this podcast that Mike Bithell backs IndieHaven on patreon.
- Numerous coverage of Mike Bithell's Volume and coverage of himself from IndieHaven staff. No disclosure of the fact that Mike Bithell was a patreon supporter for IndieHaven is found in any coverage. Furthermore, Laura Kate makes an argument that because she included negative commentary in a preview, this discounts the issue of disclosure and potential conflict of interest. I disagree, coverage itself is invaluable. While reading the preview, I did not the get impression that the review was so negative as to turn off potential buyers, but rather critical - which can still be invaluable coverage for a potential developer, especially as a preview. I still believe that all ten pieces of coverage contain a potential conflict of interest.
IndieHaven & Mike Bithell
RobinGale Jun 19th, 2015 (edited) 1,274 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data