The Mare's Tale (Centaur)
AnonMD Apr 1st, 2018 (edited) 447 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Now, this is a story all about how
- my life got flipped-turned upside down,
- and I'd like to take a minute,
- Just sit right here,
- I'll tell you how I became lady of a land called Al Zafir.
- In Al Shara was where I was both born and raised,
- in the desert was where I spent most of my days,
- riding out passing people of all status
- and jousting boys outside of the palace.
- When a couple of men who were of an ill sort
- started making trouble within the court.
- One little scuffle filled my mother with fear,
- she said 'You're exiled' from hence forth to Al Zafir'
- I begged and pleaded with her day after day
- but she stripped my birthright and sent me on my way.
- Yet she gave me a kiss and then she sent for a ferry,
- I put my cloak on and said, 'This might not be so scary'.
- Royal class, my what a thrill,
- Satyros wine poured fresh to the glass.
- Is this how the people of Al Zafir partake?
- Hmm this might not be a mistake!
- But wait, I hear they're dainty and quick to despair,
- is this the type of place they would send this proud mare?
- I don't think so,
- I'll just have to see what I hear,
- I hope they're prepared for the lady of Al Zafir.
- I whistled for a guide and when he came near,
- his outfit smelled fresh and had a sword polished like a mirror.
- If anything I could say that this man was quite rare,
- But I thought 'No, forget it' - 'Sir guide, to Al Zafir!'
- I came to the gates two days before the ides,
- after a week riding bareback with the guide.
- I looked at my fiefdom,
- I was finally here,
- To take my place as the lady of Al Zafir.
- ~~Happy Easter, and I swear I'll work on something serious before the year ends.~~
RAW Paste Data