[TLH/SinKid] Liby and Gloom do nerd stuff
Warden-Sigma Aug 8th, 2018 (edited) 22 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- >"No way!" Gloom exclaimed. "You play DnD too?"
- >Liby pushed the hefty rulebook back in place on the shelf. "Yeah, a little. I mostly run it, though."
- >"That's so cool~! I've always wanted to play but nobody seems to want to."
- >"Well, I've been thinking of running a campaign for family, you're welcome to join too."
- >Gloom's eyes sparkled. "Really?!"
- >Liby nodded. Gloom squealed and wrapped her in a tight hug.
- >"Thank you!"
- >Gloom let her go and she spent a moment catching her breath. "I've got some time, you wanna do some character gen?"
- >"So I add my Con bonus to ten?"
- >Gloom had decided that her first character would be a gnome paladin. Certainly an unusual combination, and she would never had picked Gloom to be the Paladin type.
- >What surprised her the most, though, was how quickly she was picking it up.
- >Gloom jotted down something on a sheet of paper. "Neat. What now?"
- >Liby skimmed through the handbook. It had been a while since she had run 5th Edition DnD, normally she ran Pathfinder. "Well, we've done most of the technical stuff, I think all that's left is equipment and what your paladin's like as a person."
- >"Are you running a pre-existing story or your own one?" Gloom asked as she took the handbook and flicked to the equipment section.
- >Liby paused. "M-my own. Is that okay with you?"
- >Gloom looked up with that same sparkle in her eyes. "Of course it is!" She leaned in, propping her head in her hands. "Tell me about it."
- >"Well, where would you like me to start?"
- >The two of them spend the next three hours talking about Liby's world, and only stopped because Gloom's mum had to leave.
- >Before the two of them got into their car, Gloom turned back to Liby and waved. "See ya later, Liby!"
- >"See ya next week." Liby waved back as they drove off.
- >"I'm happy you two get along." Luan said, placing a hand on Liby's shoulder. "That would've made things awkward with Maggie."
- >"Yeah." Liby frowned. "Dang it."
- >"We forgot to finish her character."
- [written June 19 '18]
RAW Paste Data