- [14:45] <07Mat> well this is pretty strange
- [14:46] <07Mat> so i got a save with a battle video in white 2 to make a code to stop the music
- [14:46] <07Mat> watched it allocate the memory for the video, watched it decrypt the video
- [14:46] <07Mat> the location of the music was pretty obvious
- [14:47] <07Mat> set both to 0 and set read/write breakpoints to see if it gets read/copied anywhere
- [14:47] <07Mat> turns out they do to one other spot, so i set that spot to 0 too
- [14:47] <07Mat> start the battle and there's music.
- [14:48] <07Mat> can you actually disable music completely?
- [15:55] <07Mat> wtf, i was thinking maybe it's being set to a default when you change it to 0
- [15:55] <07Mat> but you get the same music no matter what
- [16:05] <07Mat> i disabled the code that copis the music selections overand it still plays
- [16:05] <07Mat> this is ridiculous
- [17:41] <05xfr> well I can tell you there there is indeed a fallback
- [17:41] <07Mat> oh, there is
- [17:41] <07Mat> now i dont feel ad bad
- [17:41] <07Mat> any idea where?
- [17:41] <05xfr> I asked Kaph to experiment with the music and all invalid values have a default
- [17:41] <07Mat> yeah
- [17:41] <07Mat> the normal music for the battle is the default battle music
- [17:42] <07Mat> which would explain why i was always getting the same music
- [17:42] <05xfr> I guess it makes sense there is because I'm pretty sure there are some BW2 exclusive music that fallbacks to default in bw
- [17:42] <07Mat> right
- [17:42] <05xfr> in the vsplayer those turn up as weird music names in the battle parameters
- [17:42] <07Mat> right, ok
a guest Sep 28th, 2012 63 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data