Slowly making changes
a guest Oct 21st, 2019 96 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Well, I brought it up once or twice in recent times, but... at the beginning of the month I basically put in my 2 weeks at work and since my boss had already made the schedule for the month I informed them that I would go ahead and work the schedule I had been given. The 29th is my last day. There's a lot of both personal and professional reasons but I'll just list the few main reasons:
- * I'm ironically burnt on working in a kitchen. I've been working in kitchens/fast food (Pizza/Burger King/Pizzeria) for an accumulation of about 9 years.
- * I would love to try and learn more in life and venture towards a different career path while I'm still somewhat young. Something not heavily reliant on socializing, sadly.
- * The drive to work and back during winter is really not safe due to weather and deer/elk. I've been working a half hour drive from home and it was mostly fine to get away from family, but the idea of being stuck in snow or a destroyed car due to wildlife somewhere away from home is not fun.
- I brought it up with my friends, some family, my counselor and was told to have some end game plan while I take this 2 month r&r vacation and I should've had a job lined up, despite the fact, that if things don't pan out I'm more than welcome to come back to the job. My bosses are okay with me trying to move on while valuing the effort I've put in trying to better my skills and the confidence of doing my job. So it's not entirely throwing it all away, but I think it's time to move on.
- Outside of work, my ferret will be turning 8 on the 30th of this month. Originally I had planned on waiting for her to pass before moving, but I'm gonna see about looking for a new place that allows pets ideally somewhere else that's not too far from here with a similar altitude/atmosphere so she's not too affected by it or just sadly dwell in this town I've been in for the last 25 years. Home life hasn't been fun and I need to do what I should've tried to do years ago despite the crippling fear of changing my life for the better. I feel like I've lost out on a lot in life, tired of feeling like that.
RAW Paste Data