a guest Dec 31st, 2017 250 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- === December 26th 2017 ===
- === After discussion about being mad that a parcel was lost because of the bug on the morning of Dec 24th where nobody could bid ===
- arimeilich Admin 3:57 PM
- And understand that whatever you may deem fair is biased but what would benefit your personally.
- arimeilich Admin 3:58 PM
- for instance, can you give me a good argument for why there shouldn't be another auction?
- dafky2000 3:59 PM
- Because a lot of people were planning and bid on parcels knowing that the remainder unbid parcel would be put up for sale for 1000 MANA after the auction
- I am not looking for a solution that benefits me personally. That parcel is gone - i've accepted it.
- arimeilich Admin 4:00 PM
- Nobody ever said that the parcels that did not sell on this auction were going to sell for 1,000 MANA.
- dafky2000 4:00 PM
- I am looking for a solution where these surprises cease to exist
- and hasty decisions
- and unreliable decision, and false promises
- arimeilich Admin 4:01 PM
- There's a lot of pent up demand for those parcels.
- If those were to be sold at 1,000 MANA each
- It'd have to be through a lottery.
- dafky2000 4:01 PM
- Uhmmmmm, that was the original plan.....
- arimeilich Admin 4:02 PM
- There are quite a few problems with pegging the price of land to MANA
- === "We are not changing the rules but here's why we're changing the rules"... ===
- === December 27th 2017 ===
- dafky2000 9:46 AM
- Just for the record to call you out on your blatant lie, on the official wiki (and on a blog post, probably many, that I couldn't seem to find) - "After the auction and District placements are completed, other unclaimed land in Decentraland can be purchased at 1000 Mana parcel."
- After Terraform Auction is over.
- People can buy unclaimed parcels @ 1000 Mana per parcel
- arimeilich Admin 9:47 AM
- the wiki is community curated, not by us
- dafky2000 9:47 AM
- Like I said, it was also mentioned in blog posts
- Which is where that information comes from
- === NO RESPONSE ===
- === MEANWHILE OVER IN #district_leadership.... ===
- [[redacted?]] 10:03 AM
- @arimeilich it has been removed Sir.
- === I frantically achive the site here, https://web.archive.org/web/20171227150948/wiki.decentraland.org/index.php?title=Buying_Land)
- arimeilich Admin 10:18 AM
- === This is when stuff starts disappearing from the wiki, "has been removed" must have a different meaning than I know of ===
- dafky2000 11:59 AM
- Missed a spot, or 2, or 3
- You guys are sneaky af
- === @blockreward made the reddit post in the evening (EST) after noticing the removal in the edit history ===
- === December 28th 2017 ===
- dafky2000 10:55 PM
- Third time's a charm! Have you read this? Interesting read, I highly recommend you do - https://decentraland.org/whitepaper.pdf
- "Although every unclaimed LAND can be purchased at the same exchange rate (1000 MANA = 1 LAND), LAND parcels are distinguishable from each other, potentially trading at different prices on a secondary market due to differences in adjacencies and traffic."
- === NO RESPONSE ===
RAW Paste Data