- scholar of the first sin may have pushed dark souls ii up to masterpiece.
- *spoiler free*
- scholar fixed two of my bigger gripes about dsii
- the first being enemy placement.
- a lot of horde encounters were replaced from several weaker enemies to one or two larger enemies.
- i liked how some unique or previously certian location-only enemies were moved or reused.
- the second being item placement.
- i don't really have concrete data on this, but i feel like item placement (chests, lootable corpses) was a lot better.
- it felt more rewarding as I explored everything this time around.
- as for the dlc content, i've completed 2 out of 3 (sunken temple + iron king)
- their strength is definitely the bosses added.
- temple wasn't as good as iron king in level design.
- iron king is a top 5 dsii location.
- if you don't already have the dlc as part of dsii, i'd say scholar is a must buy. (<= what i did)
- if you already have dlc from dsii... $20 may be a little too steep for scholar IMO.
puchiedarcy Jul 20th, 2015 (edited) 205 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data