a guest Oct 18th, 2019 62 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- A company plans to construct a right circular cylinder can, with an open top, and a
- volume of 180 cubic inches. The bottom of the can will be constructed from a material
- which costs 5 cents per square inch, while the side will cost 3 cents per square inch. The
- company is only able to purchase the materials in rectangular sheets, so there will be
- some waste (which is still part of the cost) when cutting the circular bottom out
- of a square sheet (as the figure below shows). Express the total cost of the can, C (in
- cents), as a function of its radius r. Pay attention to units!
RAW Paste Data