How To Screenshot Android - SBMHowTo
- Most people think that they do know how to screenshot Android. But actually, they don’t, at least not all the possible methods available out there. There is a common case that people want a screenshot, but the information just swifts away, such as Facebook stories, video clips, or games. The operation is quite cumbersome when you have to press two buttons at the same time.
- How To Screenshot With Android’s Hardware
- It is the traditional method to capture a screen on Android regardless of your phone models; it is easy to remember but quite frustrating. Open the picture or video you want to capture first, then press the “Power” and “Volume down” buttons at once.
- The position of these two buttons can vary depending on the brand and model of your device. Generally, they lie on the top right edge of most Android gears.
- But another placement includes the “Power” button on the right side and the “Volume Down” button on the left of your phone.
- The tricky thing about how to screenshot from Android is how long you hold these buttons to take a screenshot. It would become rather cumbersome if you are bad at timing. You’ll find yourself staring at your phone and waiting for nothing. Then you have to repeat those actions.
- Tip: Particularly, after you hold the two buttons on a Samsung galaxy, a “Smart capture” appears at the bottom of the screen. It will provide basic choices for your screenshot, such as a thumbnail or a share.
- How To Screenshot In Android Using Quick Settings
- Starting at Android version 7.0, Google allows users to intervene more in the Quick Settings area. It is where we can get quick access to system settings by swiping down from the top edge.
- Depending on your device and the number of “Quick Settings” you’re using, there can be several pages of tiles in the expanded version of the menu. You can swipe left or right to navigate the different pages of your Android “Quick Settings” menu.
- We suggest that you rearrange the shutter button away from the first page; it is a useful button, and you will want to find it as quickly as possible.
- In case you can’t find the “Screenshot” button on the “Quick Settings” menu. Tapping on the “Settings” symbol, normally on the right corner, will provide you more options, including the “Screenshot.”
- How To Screenshot On Android Phones By Swiping The Screen
- Notice: This feature is not built in some Android devices, so check the information before applying it.
- Next is one of our favorite methods on the list. Compared to the two methods above, this requires you to perform only one action. However, you have to activate it first.
- You need to tap on “Settings,” scroll down and choose “Advanced features.” Then, a screen will be full of many options; find “Motions and gestures.” Now, just turn “Palm swipe to capture” on, then you can use this feature.
- How To Screenshot An Android Device With Bixby
- Bixby is a virtual assistant of Samsung. Like Apple’s Siri or Microsoft’s Cortana, Bixby is a built-in function of every Android device.
- After activating the Bixby, access the screen you like to snap. Press and hold the Bixby button to turn on Bixby’s voice, then say, “Take a screenshot.” Bixby will follow your command right away.
- Bixby saves the screenshot to the Gallery automatically, then you are free to share or edit the image.
- How To Screenshot From Android With Third-party Apps
- The two popular apps from third parties that we recommend are AZ Screen recorder and Screenshot touch. Both of them can provide you with many post-shot functions.
- For instance, the AZ Screen recorder enables you to snap the screen, record it, and edit the videos. With this dedicated app, you’re also able to stream your screen on social media platforms.
- Thanks to the in-app video editor, you can trim videos, change background music, or add subtitles, etc.
- And Screenshot Touch, compatible with Android 5.0 or higher, save your screenshots into as many folders as you want. You can crop, edit, and draw on the screenshots directly.
- It also provides the mp4 format of the screenshot. Then, you can adjust the frame rate, audio, and bitrate of it.
- Hastag: #sbmhowto, #sbmhowtocom, #windows, #tech, #mac, #ios, #android, #howto
- Source: https://sbmhowto.com/how-to-screenshot-android/