- This strat saves 5-10 seconds by skipping the optional trainer in Silph Co. It also adds a 21 percent risk if you get red bar off Silph Rival.
- First, get the Route 25 Ether and the Cycling Road PP Up, but skip the Lavender Tower hidden Elixer. Also skip one more Elixer -- this should be the Route 25 Elixer if you didn't fight the Machop/Geodude guy, and it should be the underground Elixer if you did fight him. When you enter Silph Co. after the Safari Zone, you should have 19 items. (Exception: You ran out of Full Restores or Potions. In this case, it's OK to have 18 items.)
- In Silph Co:
- - Take the stairs to 5F instead of the elevator. Go left, and get the hidden Elixer on the way to the Card Key.
- - Talk to the Rocket blocking the path to the Card Key.
- Arbok: Thrash (can 2-shot with decent ranges and/or Leer). If it hits with Glare, use your Full Restore after the fight. NOTE: If you're going for red bar off Silph Rival, it might be faster on average to try a YOLO Drill, and if it misses, switch to Thrash and use Thunderbolt on Gyarados.
- - Get the Card Key. You should have 20 items now.
- - Take the normal path to fight Silph Rival.
- Pidgeot: X Acc, X Speed, (X Special), Horn Drill
- Gyarados: Horn Drill (or TB if used used Drill on Arbok)
- Growlithe: Horn Drill
- Alakazam: Horn Drill
- Venusaur: Horn Drill
- - Fight the Rocket before Giovanni.
- Cubone: X Acc, Ice Beam (21% chance to die if at <30 HP or so)
- Drowzee: Horn Drill
- Marowak: Ice Beam
- - Use your Ether on Horn Drill before Giovanni (or after using X Acc on Nidorino if you need to take damage). If you ran out of Full Restores or Potions, use an Elixer instead. You should have 19 items now.
- Nidorino: X Acc, (Ether/Elixer), Horn Drill
- Kangaskhan: Horn Drill
- Rhyhorn: Ice Beam
- Nidoqueen: Horn Drill
- - Take the teleporters from 11F to 7F to 3F, then go right and up to take the elevator to 10F. Pick up TM26 and then the Rare Candy. Dig out.
- In Celadon, Fly to Fuchsia like normal.
- In Fuchsia:
- - Open the menu
- - Swap slot 6-7 with X Specials (you should have already swapped X Speed up to slot 5-6 on the PP Up menu)
- - Teach HM03 to Squirtle
- - Teach TM26 to Nidoking
- - Bike to the gym
- - Use standard strats in the gym. You'll pick up TM06 from Koga.
- The rest of the game plays normally, except that you need to Elixer before Sabrina. That forces you to use the X Special strat against Black Belt, which you should only do with 11-15 DV Attack. If you do it, you should be out of Earthquake and Horn Drill PP against Lorelei.
Late Earthquake strat
Exarion Oct 16th, 2014 (edited) 563 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data