a guest Jan 25th, 2017 151 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- A friend of mine asked me for instructions on how to setup his GPD Win when he gets it so I have made a list of instructions based on my research. I thought I'd share them here.
- 1. Update to **Windows Anniversary** update (I personally don't believe a fresh install is necessary). It is **Update 1607** and can be applied through the standard **Windows Update** procedure.
- 2. Run **Disk Cleanup**.. select **Clean up System Files**. Put a tick next to everything then click OK.
- 3. Update to [Latest WLAN Drivers](http://www.mediafire.com/file/m65e7jjkmh3agoc/GPDwin_PCIe_1.558.53.14.zip). Device Manager->Network Adapters->Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter->Update Driver Software... point to extracted driver
- 4. Install [Intel Beta GPU Drivers](https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355)
- 5. Update to the [latest joystick firmware](https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qY8kqg0) (**V22_1** Mouse Accel. / **V23** No Mouse Accel.). Shutdown the machine. Hold the **R3 button** on the keyboard while turning on. Once the GPD Win logo appears let go of R3. You won't be able to use the mouse during this procedure so have the firmware ready to execute on your desktop.
- 6. Run **RegEdit** and go to **HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power** and set the **CsEnabled** value to **0**. Restart. Now open **Power Options** in Control Panel and you can set your power plan to **High performance**
- 7. In **Power Options** select **Choose what closing the lid does** and untick **Turn on fast startup**
- 8. In Device Manager right-click Disk drives->**Generic 00000 SD Card** then click Properties. Now click on the **Policies** tab and select the **Better performance** option.
- 9. In the Steam client Steam->Settings->Broadcasting->**Broadcasting disabled**.
- 10. Right-click your desktop and select **Graphics Properties..**
- * Under *Power*: **Extended Battery Life for Gaming**: Disable, **Display Power Saving Technology**: Enable and set the slider to **Maximum Quality**
- * Under *3D*: **Application Optimal Mode**: Enable, **Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing**: Turn Off, **Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing**: Turn Off, and **General Settings**: Performance
- Also if you are a bit more daring I would also consider updating the BIOS (it's technically a downgrade to get the extra options) so you can tweak some additional performance settings. More info can be found in the [GPD Win General FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/5c9duk/gpd_win_general_faq/)
RAW Paste Data