VFIO OVERRIDE NVIDIA INSTALL
a guest May 13th, 2017 222 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- You will need to creat some files manualy.
- 1. Create vfio-pci-override.sh in /sbin with the following content:
- DEVS="0000:02:00.0 0000:02:00.1"
- for DEV in $DEVS; do
- echo "vfio-pci" > /sys/bus/pci/devices/$DEV/driver_override
- modprobe -i vfio-pci
- modprobe -i nvidia
- 2. Create file vga_hook in /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/ with the following content:
- echo "$PREREQ"
- case $1 in
- exit 0
- . /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hook-functions
- copy_exec /sbin/vfio-pci-override.sh /sbin
- 3. Make both files executable:
- $ sudo chmod +x /sbin/vfio-pci-override.sh
- $ sudo chmod +x /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/vga_hook
- 4. Add the following in modprobe.d/local.conf in place of the "options vfio-pci ids=xxx" line if present and remove the boot options from grub cmd line "vfio-pci.ids=10de:13c0,10de:0fbb".
- install vfio-pci /sbin/vfio-pci-override-vga.sh
- install nvidia /sbin/vfio-pci-override-vga.sh
- 5. Rebuild your initramfs:
- $ sudo update-initramfs -u
- 6. Reboot and proffit.
- P.S. The line DEVS in vfio-pci-override.sh is for your current setup from the lspci -vnk you posted before. You can check for success of the update-initramfs by:
- $ sudo lsinitramfs -l /boot/initrd.img-xxx |grep vfio-pci-override-vga.sh
RAW Paste Data