a guest Feb 26th, 2020 120 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- To the island, once round, and back,
- Said Targel to Ka'len that day.
- The last one past the harbor chain,
- for the winner's feast will he pay.
- Dolefaren sped round the island,
- her crew certain they'd win the race,
- but then they sighted Audrulyba again,
- With two Elven cutters giving chase.
- Ka'len called to his friend Targel,
- "Bring her behind us, we'll sail through!"
- But the Audrulyba remained still,
- As two more Elven cutters sailed into view.
- Then Audrulyba struck her banner,
- and raised Teiro's in its place.
- With the Dolefaren surrounded,
- Ka'len knew it was the end of the race.
- "He'll pay us as privateers!" cried Targel,
- "Like the old days, you and me."
- Ka'len lifted his head and whispered,
- "It can never be like it used to be."
- Ka'len, his wrathful eye fixed on Targel,
- Commanded the ship to ramming speed.
- Within moments, two of the cutters sank,
- the sharks their crews to feed.
- Finally catching Audrulyba,
- Dolefaren tore a hole in her bow.
- As one of the cutters returned the favor,
- Ka'len leapt up on to the prow.
- The cutter's archers opened fire,
- and soon Ka'len was armored with arrows.
- But Targel refused to meet him,
- As both ships sank lower into the narrows.
- "I submit, take me to Teiro,"
- Ka'len sobbed, sinking to his knee.
- "Take me to one of his healers", he cried
- "You were right all along, I now see."
- "I wish you hadn't had to learn this way,"
- Targel said, lifting Ka'len from the deck.
- Then Ka'len pulled an arrow from his chest,
- And plunged it into Targel's neck.
- Dolefaren and Audrulyba sank beneath the waves,
- never to be seen again.
- For in a race between two,
- Only one can win.
RAW Paste Data