/vp/ Gym Leader Challenge Information
Callum-vp Nov 29th, 2014 (edited) 1,237 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- /vp/ Gym Leader Challenge
- Welcome to the /vp/ Gym Leader Challenge! Here, one can challenge the 8 Gym Leaders to become the Champ of /vp/!
- Any challenger to defeat all 8 Gym Leaders may challenge the current Champ to take over the Champ position and be recorded in our Hall of Fame!
- The rules are simple:
- 1. Challengers register and use only 6 Pokémon per league challenge. No changes are permitted for your team once you begin your challenge, to include moves, held items and EVs.
- 2. If you are unable to complete the league challenge with your current party, you may change your team, but at the expense of starting over.
- 3. Legendary Pokémon are unable to participate. No exceptions.
- 4. All matches will be conducted in Singles Format, using Flat Rules (3v3). Matches are “best 2 out of 3”- the first to win two battles is the winner of the match. This includes Champion matches.
- 5. Most Mega Pokémon are eligible to participate. However, Perish Song is barred from use by Mega Gengar, Power-Up Punch and Seismic Toss for Mega Kangaskhan, as well as Nasty Plot and Swords Dance on Mega Lucario. Salamenceite is also banned.
- 6. If you fail to earn a particular Gym Leader’s badge, defeat the Champ or reclaim your spot after a total of 3 matches, you may no longer challenge that Leader until you restart your challenge. A Champ who is dethroned twice can no longer rechallenge the current Champ, but is free to begin the Gym Challenge anew.
- You may challenge the leaders in any order. In the event of a loss against a particular Gym Leader or the Champ, challengers are required to wait a minimum of 24 hours before re-challenging that Leader. A dethroned Champ must wait 72 hours before re-challenging the new Champ. To schedule a rematch with a Gym Leader, simply contact them and work out a time. If you would like to start your Gym challenge anew, please re-submit your details using the entry form.
- As stated in the rules, Gym Leaders can be challenged in any order. Keep in mind not everyone is in the same time zone, and consider real-life obligations that restrict free time. E-mails will be the easiest method of communication outside posting on the threads on /vp/. Don’t be shy, and get in contact to set up battles when you can.
- FIXED TEAMS 3v3 FLAT
- This is extremely important. All challengers must submit their teams to ensure that there is no chopping and changing for advantages against different typed leaders. Detail is not needed, just the names of the Pokemon being used. Keep in mind that Gym Leaders can and will share challengers’ team information and replays with each other, so strategies based on surprise or gimmick tactics might not work as well as you hope!
- Gym Leaders are allowed to change up their team between challenges to keep their teams from getting stale and to keep the challenge fresh. When a Leader goes into a match against a challenge, they must use the same 6 pokemon selected in each battle against that particular trainer.
- A Pokemon of a Gym Leader’s type may be on that Gym Leader’s team regardless of any type changes that may occur during battle. Additionally, a Pokemon that gains a type on mega-evolution may be on a Gym Leader’s team of that type.
- RESULT SUBMISSION
- It is the Gym Leaders responsibility to update the scorecard with the results as they happen.
- Challengers should post in thread if their results have not been posted by the leader after a reasonable amount of time. Don’t be afraid to report any issues with the battles if there are any problems.
- ENTRY FORM
- CHALLENGER SCOREBOARD
- HALL OF FAME
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
RAW Paste Data