a guest Jan 20th, 2018 109 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Börülce Salatasi (Black-eyed Bean Salad)
- 250 gr (8 oz) black-eyed beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 375 gr (12 oz) zucchini
- For the Dressing
- At least 3 tablespoons olive oil per person
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Salt and black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the beans with water, boil for three minutes and drain, discarding the water. Cover with fresh water, add the 2 tablespoons lemon juice (to prevent their discolouring during cooking) and salt. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini in 5 cm (2-inch) pieces and then quarter them lengthways. Add them to the pan and cook for 5-7 more minutes. Do not strain.
- Serve in individual soup plates, allowing 2-3 pieces of zucchini per person with some of the cooking liquid as well; pour plenty of olive oil on top, season and offer the lemon quarters to be squeezed according to individual preferences.
RAW Paste Data