- After much consideration, I’ve decided to close down Bitcoin Savings & Trust.
- The decision was based on the general size and overall time required to manage the transactions. As the fund grew there were larger and larger coin movements which put strain on my reserve accounts and ultimately caused delays on withdraws and the inability to fund orders within my system. On the 14th I made a final attempt to relieve pressure off the system by reducing the rates I offered for deposits. In a perfect world this would allow me to hold more coins in reserve outside the system, but instead it only exponentially increased the amount of withdrawals overnight causing mass panic from many of my lenders.
- So now what?
- I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week. Currently my reserve (operating wallets) are drained from fulfilling the withdraw spree that happened after the rate drop announcement. All withdraws at this point will be delayed until Monday when the shutdown process begins..
- At this point I will no longer accept deposits. Any coins sent into the system as of now will be returned immediately.
- When will I get my coins?
- Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred. I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.
- I’d like to thank all of my lenders and PPT operators that were a key element in making Bitcoin Savings & Trust a success. Bitcoin has grown a lot since I started this and want you to know that you were a vital part in helping it grow.
- Now, I have a lot of work to do. Stay Tuned
- BTW, this is all bitlane’s fault. (j/k you nut)
Pirate closing, Aug 20 2012
vbuterin Aug 29th, 2012 8,081 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data