- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 15/12/2015 Tuesday 23:30
- GENERAL: News reports refugees in Albania/Greece border area, but not confirmed if this develops as a new "route"
- - Not sure about situation of non Syria/Afghan/Iraq nationals in Athens and on Greek islands, there has been shortages in their registration.
- - Volunteers needed in Šid/Adaševci!
- - PLEASE ALWAYS check conditions on the place you are about to go to volunteering or provide donations before starting your journey - via phone, facebook or email. Situation may change quickly!
- - Because situation is stable on many places on Balkan route, we will be moving from daily updates to weekly updates starting in a few days!
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - Greek islands: 17 boats have landed so far both in the South and in the North. That's around 850 people.
- - LESVOS: Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7. Volunteers are asking for donations:
- - 1 rentals van (for the emergency response teams) on month-to-month basis
- - 10,000 survival blankets
- - 10,000 rain ponchos
- - Shoes and Socks (men and women)
- - 1 second gaz cylinder for the kitchen
- - Kitchen utensils
- - Winter clothes for volunteers
- - Sponsor for accommodations
- Contact: Fred Morlet +30 694 900 1568
- - Candidate volunteers (for a period of min. 2 weeks) must apply directly by Felicity (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- - CHIOS: International team of volunteers on site. If you want to help there, please contact Moritz Reitschuster on FB or here: +306 947 848 772.
- - ATHENS: Tae-kwon-do stadium Paleo Faliro still hosts hundreds of people. Donations needed: sleeping bags, small tents for families. Conditions are tough as too many people are in one place. Main concern security for families, poor hygiene standard esp. toilettes. Prior to arrival please contact: email@example.com
- - IDOMENI: Only Syrians, Afghanis and Iraqis are now brought by buses from Athens and allowed on site and are able to continue to Macedonia without any significant delay.
- - GEVGELIJA: Until 12:00 one train left with approx 600 people, 100 more wait in the camp after. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. Lack of heated tents, people are cold at night. If you can help with donations, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - MIRATOVAC: Providing food, clothes (especially winter gear and children’s clothes), space for relaxation, and medical treatment for them. Volunteers needed at the end of this week. Contact person is Manuela +381 628 997 837
- Also Tabanovce on Macedonian side needs volunteers, especially in the night shift, as well as information and men’s shoes. If you are in the area, please contact local team on field.
- - PREŠEVO: Tents in the camp got heaters. Borderfree, Adra, UVP (local org) are providing support to the queue outside the camp. Tea, clothing, food, being distributed. Volunteers currently not needed in Presevo. Local coordinator and all day in Presevo - email@example.com & +381638940986. If you can donate money of winter clothes, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Around 6é refugees today, taken care of. IHO is handing out food packages as well as clothing and blankets (during the night). Local team still asks for shoes, especially for men, size 40-44. Enough volunteers till 17th. Coordinator on site is Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77.
- - BEOGRAD: Volunteers at Miksaliste are asking for paper cups, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, razors, shaving cream, paper tissues, rubber gloves for volunteers; shoes, pants, coats, hats and gloves for men. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Average day today. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in 3 shifts now, we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. Volunteers welcomed! Please contact Petra Quirke: email@example.com or +420 605 471 465 (sms only).
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 2016 refugees entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod camp currently states 18 persons. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, pants, jackets, caps, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December still possible! Contacts for donations: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.facebook.com/anto.vrdoljak
- - DOBOVA: By noon today, only 975 refugees have entered the country, with additional cca 1,200 arriving in the afternoon. Dobova is asking for shoes, winter jackets for smaller kids and baby bottles. If you can donate either please contact https://www.facebook.com/Slovenskafilantropija or https://www.facebook.com/areyousyrious/
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 15/12/2015 Tuesday 23:30
michalberg Dec 15th, 2015 (edited) 1,412 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data