- I was planning on going with the "powered down base" idea (if that's okay with you) when the player
- first walks in, which will mean that in addition to lights and stuff being off a lot of areas will
- be inaccesible (though not all), with doors not having power to open and some being stuck halfway
- up or down (some of which you could crawl under.) Also if you want I can have noises that will
- trigger as the player progresses like something moving through the vents (though this will be
- finishing work.) After you turn on the power the lights and door start working again, (as well as
- any air intake fans that are visible) and a couple of ambushes happen through vents and some of the
- newly openable doors (monsters will be teleported to locations after having seen the player, so
- they'll seek out the player from the location they're teleported to out of sight of the player so
- it appears that they were aware of the player and only couldn't reach him because the power was
- After that there are more rooms available to explore, with the whole layout being non-linear and
- without "dummy" doors that are still unopenable. The elevator is unusable, but becomes usable with
- either a key, a switch or whatever objective(s) you have in mind. After that the elevator becomes
- usable and the player can access that level, which will either be a different part of the same map
- or a hub (whichever you prefer.) I don't know what will come after that, but it will be worked on
- and mostly finished prior to major detail work so that if sequences are changed it doesn't result
- in a lot more work being done.
- The way this would go in terms of production would be that I would lay out the rooms with some
- detail (like basic texturing and sloping, unless you don't want me to) and basic scripting for
- which areas are inaccesible before the power is turned on and what would be required for the
- monster amubushes (with modified but still vanilla-ish placeholder monsters--if you want different
- behaviors from normal monsterss like faster biting, running or other stuff let me know) as well as any
- such stuff for later levels, after which I'll send it to you, you tell me what changes you would
- like me to make, then I'll send it back with changes, then you do the detail work you want as well
- as any other changes you'd like to make, then send it back and I'll do the changes for the "powered
- down base" as well as any other similar such scripting stuff for later levels.
- Any step of this is of course at your discretion, so mention any changes to any part you'd like to
- see made.
skroton Dec 8th, 2013 31 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data