a guest Nov 14th, 2017 52 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [6:31 PM] Youmu Konpaku: D8
- When you are going to develop a game, choosing a game engine can be the key to avoiding a lot of
- problems, especially in long development times.
- There are many factors that we can take into account.
- Licence, price, community, scope of the project or what kind of game we want to develop.
- In this poll from statista we can see the leading game engines.
- This poll was conducted in the UK in 2014.
- You can see how unity is breaking the market.
- Very versatile game engine and requires little time to become proficient in game developing.
- Supports a lot of gaming platforms, as you can see here.
- Development Languages are UnityScript, Boo and C#
- In next Unity versions developers are planning to put in deprecated UnityScript,
- In Unity 5.0 developers decided to drop support documentation for
- Boo, but Boo scripts still work.
- So the decision should be to pick C#.
- In summary, Unity is free until your game works on the market, then you pay for
- the software.
- In this slide we see how unity GUI looks like
- Here are some games developed with unity
- Unreal is known for having very realistic graphics
- Also Supports a lot of gaming platforms
- Development Languages are C++, and BluePrint
- Avaliable for free, but you pay a percentage of your earnings after three thousand dollars,
- per product every quarter.
- The Blueprint visual scripting system is great to design gameplay logic, no programming skills
- A Blueprint class is asociated with C++ .
- Many of the games typical functions are already implemented
- You can implement more of this blocks
- Some games made with unreal
- Game maker studio is an alternative for people without programming skills, to develop games
- 2D games.
- Is under Proprietary license. You pay depending on your target platform
- As an alternative Open source is a powerful low level framework, it dosnt have GUI editor, so we
- only recommend it for 2D games
- LibGDX allows java virtual machine languages to use the library
- It is maintained by the community
- You can publish your games without paying anything
- This is all and thanks for listening to us
RAW Paste Data