- # React Bias
- For context, The State of JS 2020 Survey (https://2020.stateofjs.com/en-US/), which surveyed roughly 23,765 respondents, offers the following statistics:
- - 70.8% of respondents identified as white.
- - 91.1% identified as male, whereas 5.8% identified as female and 0.9% identified as non-binary/third gender.
- - 72.5% of respondents reported an 87.5% satisfaction rate with React.
- The juxtaposition of The HTTP Archive’s analysis and The State of JS 2020 Survey results suggest that a disproportionately small—yet exceedingly vocal minority—of white male developers advocate strongly for React, and by extension, a development experience that favors thick client/thin server architectures which are given to poor performance in adverse conditions. Such conditions are less likely to be experienced by white male developers themselves, therefore reaffirming and reflecting their own biases in their work.
RAW Paste Data