Easy setup of AIDungeon on Windows
Audixas Dec 13th, 2019 (edited) 7,628 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Requirements: 64-bit Windows, a CPU that supports AVX instructions and at the very least 8GB of RAM, 16GB is recommended.
- 1. Download Python 3.6.8 https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ (IMPORTANT! Make sure that it's specifically 3.6.8 and 64-bit, otherwise many things will not work!)
- 2. Run the installer, click Customize then Next, make sure both "Install for all users" and "Add Python to environment variables" are checked. Click Install. Warning: do not install Python to Program Files!
- 3. Download AIDungeon. Go to https://github.com/AIDungeon/AIDungeon then click on the green "Clone or download" button and select "Download ZIP".
- 4. Extract the .zip file wherever you like, preferably somewhere easy to access, like your desktop or C:\. Open up the AIDungeon folder that you extracted and keep it open.
- 5. Download the model. There are 3 ways to do it:
- - Google Drive link here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mJLnqVVgIiUflLghuqgRH5klG18Vxivo
- - Anonfiles link: https://anonfile.com/F2B6A8Gfne/AIDungeon2-Model_zip
- - Torrent magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:wnb3qozvx73xjwvrhybidtqtwpnpg7j6&dn=model_v5&xl=6246281091&fc=7
- Then download the scripts https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AymoGSRB5aMoIMG3yd8x6PjpiZvaaDKf. Extract their contents into the AIDungeon folder. If it asks to overwrite, click yes to all. Since a lot of people are misunderstanding where the model files are supposed to go, the path where you need to have all your model files is "AIDungeon\generator\gpt2\models\model_v5". Make sure all the files are in that exact folder and not the AIDungeon folder.
- 6. Run install-dependencies.bat and wait for it to finish.
- 7. Run play.bat to play the game! For easier access, create a shortcut on your desktop to it.
- Errors, tips and tricks:
- 1. "When I try to use any of the Python commands, it says Permission denied!"
- - You didn't add Python to the environment tables as per Step 2. This can be fixed by running the Python installer again, clicking "Modify", then "Next", checking that option and clicking "Install".
- 2. "While trying to install requirements, tensorflow fails to install or tensorflow seems to install, but I get ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'tensorflow.python.platform'."
- - Make sure you only have one version of Pyhon installed, preferably 3.6.8 and then run the install-dependencies.bat script again.
- 3. "When I try to run AIDungeon, it says that encoder.json is missing!"
- - That means the model files are missing, make sure you followed Step 5 properly.
- 4. "When I try to run AIDungeon, I get the error ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
- - Your CPU doesn't support AVX instruction sets. The only solution is to upgrade your CPU.
- 5. "When launching AIDungeon, I get a bunch of errors that tensorflow couldn't find a bunch of DLLs but the game still starts."
- - This means your game is running in CPU mode, which is perfectly normal. But, if you're trying to run it in GPU mode, you need to check your CUDA installation. The tensorflow version used here only supports CUDA 10.0.
- 6. "While playing the game, I get either a Dst tensor is not initialized or OOM error."
- - The game ran out of memory, which means you played it in GPU mode. To force CPU mode, navigate to where your CUDA bin folder is and delete cudnn64_7.dll.
- If you need any more help, ping me @Audixas on the AIDungeon Discord: https://discord.gg/Dg8Vcz6
- (Currently outdated) Optional: for a more enjoyable experience, install this mod by @anon4: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/654059653407178802/655091110414254118/AIDungeonModded1b.zip
- You'll need to run "pip install func_timeout" in cmd first, then you install it by extracting it's contents into the AIDungeon folder.
RAW Paste Data