a guest Sep 25th, 2018 69 Never
- SuperX is a desktop-oriented computer operating system based on Ubuntu and Debian GNU/Linux, using the KDE desktop environment. It was originally developed in India by a teenager, [[User:Wrix|Wrix]] who built it using free and open-source software. SuperX is highly modular, flexible and cloud-centric, with a desktop user interface especially designed with Linux beginners in mind.
- SuperX consists of a [[Linux]] kernel, components from the [[GNU Project|GNU]] project, [[Customizing_SuperX | KDE]] project and many other components. SuperX focuses on simplicity and user-friendliness.
- SuperX comes with an out-of-the-box experience, automatically configured. The user can focus on his work rather than messing with complex underlying Linux system, trying to setup the ideal environment for his daily work.
- SuperX comes with what is required for day-to-day activities and for unique purposes, additional applications can easily be installed. GUI configuration utilities are officially provided, and most system configuration is performed from the GUI itself and not by editing complex configuration files like many other Linux-based systems.
- SuperX does not follow a release model, as of now. SuperX strives be to stable yet bleeding edge, and typically offers the latest stable versions of most applications.
- == History ==
- '''Notice: Not completed'''
- SuperX was first developed in Guwahati, the capital city of Assam in India by [[User:Wrix|Wrix]] when he was in eighth standard in K.V Maligaon high school in the year of 2007. Later after completing high school, [[User:Wrix|Wrix]] dropped-out to complete SuperX, working alone day and night. [[User:Wrix|Wrix]] hopes to continue his formal education as SuperX becomes sustainable.
- Its first formal release, SuperX v1, was on April 24, 2011. Although it was only made available to selected persons. Later on October 8, 2011, SuperX v1 was made available to the public as a free download.
- On 10th April, 2012, [[User:Wrix|Wrix]] was joined by Shahid Saikh a.k.a "rwtc", in the Development Team. rwtc is a computer engneering student from Mumbai, India.
- == Objective ==
- Our main objective is to integrate the simplicity of Debian and the beauty of [[Customizing_SuperX | KDE]], something that other Debian based distributions have not been able to achieve.
RAW Paste Data