OoT3D MST Notes
arontoad99 Feb 11th, 2016 (edited) 689 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Aron's MST3D Notes and Equips
- These are just a couple general things gathered together that I thought of.
- 1. Kokiri Tunic for DHWW in DMC is a good option because it saves 2-3 bombs over the run and some time potentially voiding after Fire Temple. You get two seconds per quarter of a heart, so adjust accordingly.
- 2. Heat Timer textboxes only appear once after a savewarp/death. By putting on Kokiri Tunic in Fire Trial you skip the textbox in DMC that prevents you from using Hookshot on I to hook the post, and the timer starts early.
- 3. Yes, keeping Letter on Y for that long is indeed faster.
- 4. You can equip Hover Boots without wasting a single frame by putting them on during a roll, jump, or opening a door. For rolls and opening doors, press Boots and A on the same frame.
- 5. For your magic drop before Forest, either kill a torch slug or get the pot in front of Goron City entrance w/Kokiri Tunic strats
- 6. You need magic from the pots at the end of Forest, Water, and Shadow trials. You may also want a drop in Spirit Trial, but with Kokiri Tunic strats it is of course better to get the DMC one mentioned above.
- 7. DC Head Skip completely changes the beginning of Adult section but loses a significant portion of the time it saves if you have to get another Deku Shield anyway.
- 8. It is not worth trying Spirit/Shadow CS Skips a second time.
- 9. You will need another nut drop in the run if you want to use one on the beamos in Spirit.
- 10. If you are low on bombs in Adult DC, getting the bomb drop and pushing the block is 3 seconds slower than dying on the switch.
- Equips are in this order: I, X, Y, II (if there are only 2, put them on X and Y)
- - After Sword: Equip Sword lol
- - Getting Egg: Equip Egg on Y
- - Getting Stick: Stick on X
- - Getting Bombs: Bombs on I
- - Before Boomerang: Anything, Nuts, Anything, Anything
- - After Boomerang: Nuts, Bombs, Letter, Boomerang
- - During RI in Market: Bombs, Letter, FW, Anything
- - RI again: Bombs, FW
- - RI in Kak: Bombs, FW
- - After Goron Tunic: Bombs, Hookshot, Hover Boots, FW (and equip Goron Tunic)
- - After Hammer: Hookshot, FW, Bombs, Hammer
- - After Volv: Equip Kokiri Tunic (Optional)
- - After DHWW to Forest: Bombs, Hookshot, FW, Din's Fire
- - After RIWW: Bombs, Hookshot, Hover Boots, Din's Fire
- - After FW in Lost Woods: Bombs, Hammer, Hover Boots, Nuts
- - Enter Deku: Hookshot over Hammer
- - During RIWW: FW over Hookshot (keep Boots)
- - After Mirror Shield: Bombs, Hookshot, Hover Boots, Nuts (and equip Mirror Shield/Goron Tunic)
- - After Nocturne: Bombs, Hookshot, Hover Boots, Din's Fire
- - During Bongo RI: Bombs, Bow, FW, Din's Fire
- - After LACS: Hover Boots over FW if Hassle HESS
- - After Hassle HESS: Din's Fire, Hookshot, Hover Boots, Bow
- - After Forest Trial torches: Turn Bow into Light Arrows
- - After Water Trial Clip #1: Hammer over Hookshot
- - After Switch: Hammer, Hookshot, Hover Boots, Light Arrows
- - During Fire Trial: Bombs over Hammer (Equip Kokiri Tunic here before leaving for clearing textbox)
- - Enter Spirit Trial: Turn Light Arrows into Bow
- - After Web: Hookshot, Bombs, FW, Light Arrows
- - Before Ganon: Put Din's somewhere (Hammer just in case)
- - Beat the game
RAW Paste Data