- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 5/12/2015 Saturday 22:00
- GENERAL: Idomeni calm, UNHCR are announcing with translators and a megaphone that everyone must leave Idomeni and go to Athens, but only cca 200 people left by train to Athens, the rest still on place.
- - Today is the international day of volunteers. Thanks to all you volunteers for your efforts, help and heart.
- - Other places calm as well.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - LESVOS and other islands: around 2 000 poeple came today to Greek islands. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7
- - IDOMENI: Situation calm today, Syrians, Afghanis and Iraqis crossing the border, heavy police presence and about 200 people left to Athens by train. If you want to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Lea Wilmsen (FB - Lea Wlmsn) or +306 989 397 067, email@example.com. We recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation volatile and dangerous at times. Volunteers can use hotels in Polikastro (17km) or sleep in a tent. If you want to donate money, please contact https://www.facebook.com/aslam.obaid , no need of material donations reported now.
- Liveticker updates: http://livetickereidomeni.bordermonitoring.eu/
- - GEVGELIJA: cca 2000 people came today. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. If you can help with donations, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - MIRATOVAC: UVP and Humedica has got volunteers on site, new volunteers welcomed! MSF planning to repair the road, other NGO's planning other improvements.
- - PREŠEVO: Calm during the day (around 1500 people), 4 trains expected. No need for volunteers at this moment. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561. Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Today the Registration process started to be really fast. IHO is handing out food packages as well as clothing and blankets during the night. Local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Coordinator on site is Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77.
- - BEOGRAD: Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, firstname.lastname@example.org. Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste - Refugee Aid Serbia's aid collection and distribution point at Mostarska 5 is almost out of food. Needed are: sardine tins, tuna tinsa, Paper cups for hot tea, biscuits, crackers and new socks. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact email@example.com.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. No volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 720 people entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod is empty at the moment. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December has been closed. Contact Maja Znika: firstname.lastname@example.org or +385-99-5021-926.
- - DOBOVA: Hundreds in the camp during the day, tuberculosis not confirmed, camp empty in the evening. Red Cross on site, Slovak medical team started to work - Katarina Zollerova can be contacted via FB (https://www.facebook.com/katarina.zollerova). Shoes needed.
- - ŠENTILJ: Camp empty, situation calm. Šentilj is run by Civil protection and police, with Red Cross on site.
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 5/12/2015 Saturday 22:00
michalberg Dec 5th, 2015 881 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data