I'll summarise as quickly as I can, gotta head out soon...
1) *What is intelligence?*
Intelligence a complex idea that measures a creatures level of consciousness.
Simply put, intelligence has different forms.
E.g. there is *creativity*,
*academic intelligence* (memory, the ability to read a book and remember what you read for a test),
*emotional intelligence* (ability to know and understand what other people are feeling),
*awareness* (less day dreaming, more noticing and responding to everything), and
*logic/reasoning* (more sensible thinking, if A=1, and B=2, then what is A+B).
No one is 100%, truly intelligent, hence geniuses tend to be overly skilled in one thing, and shit at another e.g. Albert Einstein and Steven Hawking.
When you are overly skilled in one thing, then you are a genius of that thing. Rock Lee from naruto is considered a genius T
2) *What is creativity?*
Creativity is inspiration. What we call creativity is a compound, group, or collection that was originally created from "past" experience/knowledge. When you add old experiences/knowledge together, you will get something new. This is what we call creativity.
Here's an example to clear things up:
1) In the past, Bob discovered the colour RED, he then wrote this down, in a book, to save his discovery/knowledge.
2) A few years later, his daughter Beth discovered the colour YELLOW. She then wrote this down, in a book, to save her discovery/knowledge.
3) A few years later, _you_ found the books that was written by Bob and Beth.
You decided to read them, and know you now how to make the colours RED and YELLOW. Makes sense?
4) You suddenly decided "hey! why I wonder what happens if I mix RED and YELLOW?"
**you started mixing RED and YELLOW paint**
"Oh my god, I created a NEW COLOUR! "
5) Annnnnnnnnnnd just like Bob and Beth, (who had discovered a new colour), you wrote this down, in a book, to save your discovery/knowledge.
Ladies and Gents, THAT is what we call inspiration i.e. adding one, _old discovery/knowledge_ to another _old discovery/knowledge_
A) If something new is created, that is what we call creativity / Inspiration (read my first comment on what is creativity, it all makes back, mind blown?).
B) However, if nothing new was created, then it is not a true "discovery", now is it?
And nobody one will call you "creative, innovative, inventor, or genius". Why? Because you've just re-created the wheel! You've accidentally created something that was already invented/made. Waste of time, lol.
And that is why schools have students do research during an art class.
1) It helps you gather old + old knowledge to get a feel of what creativity is like (mixing old + old in the hopes of making something new).
2) Doing research reduces the chances of you accidentally re-inventing the wheel, thus saving you time and embarrassment xD
Now to tie this to your original comment i.e. "Lol what? robots don't even have sentient intelligence... how can they be creative?".
1) Intelligence has many forms/types/names.
I previously gave examples of them at the top of this post (in bold).