SoGE Git Instructions
Lavo Mar 26th, 2014 (edited) 3,958 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Sign up for an account on Atlassian's Bitbucket website: http://bitbucket.org
- PM me with the username (preferred) or email address you signed up with and I'll add you to the repo.
- (It goes without saying that one does not have to use their real names for a Bitbucket account; could use a fake name, as I have.)
- Also include a link to your Steam profile so I can add you to the SoGE playtesters Steam group; unless this is done you will not be given access to the beta.
- Download Git for Windows from here: http://git-scm.com/download/win
- When installing this, just keep hitting next; other than the installation directory, the default settings are all you need.
- Next, download TortiseGit: https://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/wiki/Download
- It's TortiseSVN for Git
- Next, you'll log in to Bitbucket (after you've been added)
- You should be able to go to the repository "sjennison/sins-of-a-galactic-empire". Link here: https://bitbucket.org/sjennison/sins-of-a-galactic-empire
- You should see a button that says "https"
- Next to it will be a link, similar to " https://email@example.com/sjennison/sins-of-a-galactic-empire.git "
- That is the link you'll use to "clone" the repository.
- If you don't want to have to put your password in every time, you can set the URL as "username:firstname.lastname@example.org" instead of "email@example.com". That will auto-set your password.
- If you have the old SVN version of the mod, you must either delete the folders or rename them, or else everything may break.
- Once TortiseGit is installed, you'll go to the Sins mod location.
- Right click on your mods folder (ex. ...Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82) and choose "git clone"
- Put the link (" https://firstname.lastname@example.org/sjennison/sins-of-a-galactic-empire.git ") in the "URL" field.
- Further, check the box that says "depth" and put "1" in the box next to it. NOTE: If you are a SoGE dev, do not do this as you will not be able to commit changes to the repo.
- This will check out all the folders of the mod in it's own nested folder. You must go into this folder, named "sins-of-a-galactic-empire", and move all 3 folders to your mods folder. However, one of these folders is an invisible folder named ".git", and you must have invisible folders visible in order to move it; if this folder is not moved, you will not be able to update the mod.
- Once you do all this you've got the latest edition of the mod via Git.
- How do you update, you may ask?
- It's as simple as right clicking your mods folder, scrolling to "TortoiseGit" and clicking "git pull".
- To report bugs and give other feedback, go to the Bitbucket page and click on the tab called "Issues", and post it there: https://bitbucket.org/sjennison/sins-of-a-galactic-empire/issues?status=new&status=open
RAW Paste Data