- The problem with Invisible Children's whitewashing of the role of the government of Uganda's president Yoweri Museveni in the violence of Central Africa is that it gives Museveni and company a free pass, and added ammunition with which to bludgeon virtually any domestic opposition, such as Kizza Besigye and the Forum for Democratic Change.
- By blindly supporting Uganda's current government and its military adventures beyond its borders, as Invisible Children suggests that people do, Invisible Children is in fact guaranteeing that there will be more violence, not less, in Central Africa.
- Kony and the LRA have been ERADICATED and have been INACTIVE in Uganda since 2006; there is now a peace process in place.
- Of the money that gets donated to Invisible Children, only 31% goes on their charity work. The rest goes to film making.
- But this 31% of your money, that you either directly give to them or help them raise through sharing their video, goes toward causes like funding Uganda’s military and the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (both of which have done despicable things, such as using rape and torture as a weapon of war, and pilaging homes and businesses).
- The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulating facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards. Invisible Children, a nonprofit organisation, has also been criticised for channeling a majority of its raised funds - some 70 per cent or more according to some accounts - to salaries, travel expenses and filmmaking.
Arguments AGAINST Invisible Children (group behind KONY2012)
a guest Mar 8th, 2012 689 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data